GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/01/03 at 16:27
Regular
Ouch, that says it all really; I am in a lot of pain right now.

I just finished a game of 5-a-side football at school, but there just so happened to be 6 in each team, strange. I was playing like the soccer dynamo I am but then was harshly kicked in the ankle by a clumsy retard who doesn't understand the concept of tackling. I promptly punched him in the face (Call it natural instinct or psychotic behaviour) and was red carded. I begrudgingly went off and got a little pleasure when I saw the guys nose bleeding from my punch.

Sat on a bench in the cold, sweaty sports hall I sat thinking, "This wouldn't happen in a computer football game, would it?"

In the thirty-something minutes I sat there I came up with a few original concepts you may appreciate. Whether it is Fifa or Pro evolution that you play for your footballing kicks (Great pun, eh!) imagine these 'additional extras' in the game to spice it up a little bit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Psycho mode - If your selected player is frustrated because the team are 3 goals behind, or because the other teams cente forward has been 'visiting' his wife, he should be able to switch to psycho mode. There could be an on-screen psycho meter which goes up when the other team scores, when a team mate is fouled or when the referee makes an unjust decision. Once the meter is full you player could unleash his rage on the other team. This could include simple vicious tackling ranging to punches, heatbutts and taking off the boot and clouting them over the head with it. You should also be able to attack the crowd Eric Cantona style (A.K.A dropkick in the face).

Psycho mode would not only take out your in-game aggression, but could solve personal vendettas against teams you truly dislike in the league.

Cheating mode – You have seen the Brazilians and the Argentineans do it against England, now its your turn. You can hit the ball with any flailing body part and confuse the other team. As in most international clashes, the referee will have been bribed by your manager to turn a blind eye to your cheating ways. You can goal hang as much as you wish because despite the other teams complaints, the referee will enact the “I don’t understand English” technique. You can re-enact your favourite cheating moments with specials such as the ‘Hand of God’. You can out-cheat your team to victory, or can you?

Faking it – If you watch any Italian, Argentinean, Tottenham Hotspurs game, you will notice the amount of dives is phenomenal! You could have such options as “fall over and cry”, “clasp face and scream” and “play dead” at your disposal. You can throw yourself over in the box to claim a penalty, or when you find yourself in a tricky situation you just need to collapse to the floor to win a free kick. The referees will be home grown Brazilians who blow the whistle more often then Jordan has had surgery. But it doesn’t have to stop there; you could progress to the level of the Argentineans themselves. You could throw yourself over when the ball is at the other side of the pitch, and the cheating 3rd official would wave his arms manically to give you a free kick. You could also copycat such cheating idiots as Rivaldo (Worldcup ’02), Crespo (Champions league ’02) or the Tottenham squad (Each and every game).

I would have probably though up some more, but the bell went and I hobbled home on my badly bruised ankle.

Hope you liked reading this.

-kyz²²-
Sat 11/01/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Bobba you"
I went to a football match today, didn't see any 'football' though.

Do I have to go to Highbury/Old Trafford to see it?
Sat 11/01/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> Expletive Deleted wrote:
>
> Exludes ...
> -----------
> How long will it take for someone to pick up on that, eh?

Ha! You spelled excludes wrong!
*laughs*
*ahem*
:-D
Sat 11/01/03 at 05:51
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
I'm bored - none of my MSN contacts are talking...
Sat 11/01/03 at 04:10
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Hmmm. The topic on the main FOG Chat page says that I haven't replied...
Sat 11/01/03 at 03:55
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Great post Kyz :)
Sat 11/01/03 at 02:47
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Expletive Deleted wrote:

Exludes ...
-----------
How long will it take for someone to pick up on that, eh?
Sat 11/01/03 at 02:46
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
§n][pe® wrote:

No thnx
-------------

Dare I; once again, pick on the subtle, yet highly annoying words of Sniper?

...oops, too late.

But to be honest, the sheer laziness of this post made me laugh. And I mean laugh as in, how it is funny if you see someone stand in doggy plop or something.

(Note to self: I have to start doing some meaningful posts in this place soon.)

(..something to look forward to for the more intelligent of you out there. Exludes Gooners and Mancs.)
Sat 11/01/03 at 01:38
Regular
§n][pe® wrote:
> Its football talk. Show em what u got with how well u play, dont need
> to go down as low as them and hit each other.

In the words of Roy Keane

*if youre gonna get sent off...you might as well punch him properly*

Speaking about his sending off at St.james' last season for pushing Shearer.

Chapter 9 of the Roy Keane DVD. loads of classics.
Sat 11/01/03 at 01:28
Regular
Idlewild wrote:
> Smithy is a genious - You're all just jealous because WE have him, and
> always will

*notes them words down for when Leeds flog him when they are in debt again*
Fri 10/01/03 at 22:11
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Wilson!

Wilson is my idol.

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.