GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right, Dr Duck, er-no, someone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/01/03 at 17:54
Regular
Nintendo DO make the best games and the best consoles, but they are gay.

No Earthbound, no Mario RPG, and the final straw, no Animal Crossing.

So, I'm going to save for a bit and get an import GC, thing is, I have a load of PAL games and i'll be buggered if I'm going to buy them all again from a different reigon.

Ideally, I will get a Q-Cube (if your going to import, you may as well do it properly :D), and I'll be able to play US games right? Secondly, is it possible in any way to play PAL games on it?

And would the freeloader allow PAL games to be played on a Q-Cube?

Also, where do you recommend getting it from? And how much are we talking about here?

Thanks

Oh and, will it play all reigon DVDs?
Fri 10/01/03 at 20:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think the freeloader converts any region machine to multi - region.
It doesn't matter anyway, because no one will ever get their hands on one.
Fri 10/01/03 at 20:49
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Whitestripes wrote:
> On the memory card issue, I meant, don't you have to keep PAL saves on
> seperate memory cards from NTSC game saves?
>
> I'm going to go ahead and order one from Lik-Sang today, along with
> Animal Crossing from dvdboxoffice.com.
>
> I'm resisiting the temptation for MP, like I've said before I'm not
> big on importing games, I can wait, and I'd like the stars too :)
>
>
> I'm just going to check my TV is NTSC compatable...
>
>
> As for freeloader, I didn't think there was a Us/Jap version, after
> all, why would they want to play PAL games?

My cubes american, my tv wasn't , so make sure you get it right before you buy. If you're tvs pretty new then it should work, i got a new tv for xmas so im alright now (after 8 months of using my sisters tv that is).

Also, when buying animal crossing, check on ebay, i got mine from there for £22 brand new and with the mem card, so i'd shop around before you go and one from dvdboxoffice, coz ive heard they take while. And liksang is very good so you cant go wrong with them, except that your going to be charged at least £35 for customs (i did, the robbing b@stards). And you could keep all your pal games aswell because im sure that the freeloader will work with ntsc machines, i think it was confimed some time ago.

and you do have to have separate memory cards for different region games.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:06
Regular
Well I'm keeping my PAL Cube, so no worries there.

It did take DVDbox office ages to get me my Wavebird, I'll check if Lik-Sang sell games as well, hopefully they will arrive at the same time then.

I got my TV in September, i'm sure it will be NTSC compatible, if not I can just get the adaptor.

Also, I'm going to need a plug convertor right? And do I need the step down convertor thing? It comes with it anyway, but I'm sure someone said it wasn't nessecary..
Fri 10/01/03 at 22:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you get a Japanese machine, I do not think you need a convertor, although for an American Cube, you will need a step down convertor, because our mains voltage is too high for the American machine and would explode it.
Fri 10/01/03 at 22:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I heard the power brick for the gamecube automatically converts the voltage.

Although whether or not that is true, i dont know.
Sat 11/01/03 at 01:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
No it doesn't.

You need a step down/up. It should come with it.

:)
Sat 11/01/03 at 03:13
Regular
Yep, it comes with one :D

I've now ordered a shiny shiny Q from lik-sang with a copy of Aniaml Crossing. w00t!

Anyone else bought something from lik-sang? They asked in an e-mail for pictures of the front and back of the credit card for verification, I just want to make sure it's authentic...
Sat 11/01/03 at 03:20
Regular
Just watch out for them import taxes...

they can be a b!tch...
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:12
Regular
Ah, looks like I missed everything.

Suppose it's too late to sell you mine for the fiver and toffee?
Ah well, it'd have had to have been a LOT of toffee...
:^)
Sun 12/01/03 at 02:02
Regular
heh

I've got a whole tin of toffee from christmas :)

I wasn't actually sure if you had a Q, after your paint job I reckoned you must have had some expertise :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.