GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right, Dr Duck, er-no, someone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/01/03 at 17:54
Regular
Nintendo DO make the best games and the best consoles, but they are gay.

No Earthbound, no Mario RPG, and the final straw, no Animal Crossing.

So, I'm going to save for a bit and get an import GC, thing is, I have a load of PAL games and i'll be buggered if I'm going to buy them all again from a different reigon.

Ideally, I will get a Q-Cube (if your going to import, you may as well do it properly :D), and I'll be able to play US games right? Secondly, is it possible in any way to play PAL games on it?

And would the freeloader allow PAL games to be played on a Q-Cube?

Also, where do you recommend getting it from? And how much are we talking about here?

Thanks

Oh and, will it play all reigon DVDs?
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:54
Regular
Nintendo DO make the best games and the best consoles, but they are gay.

No Earthbound, no Mario RPG, and the final straw, no Animal Crossing.

So, I'm going to save for a bit and get an import GC, thing is, I have a load of PAL games and i'll be buggered if I'm going to buy them all again from a different reigon.

Ideally, I will get a Q-Cube (if your going to import, you may as well do it properly :D), and I'll be able to play US games right? Secondly, is it possible in any way to play PAL games on it?

And would the freeloader allow PAL games to be played on a Q-Cube?

Also, where do you recommend getting it from? And how much are we talking about here?

Thanks

Oh and, will it play all reigon DVDs?
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:03
Regular
Ok, verify for me please

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? [space]ViewItem&category=20391&item=1950836982

This guy says this Q-cube is multi-reigon and plays PAL games?

Is it true?

*prays*
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its not true. A chip has not yet been created or no Q has been modified that plays PAL games (they play PAL Regional DVD's).

Simply, you are travelling along the correct lines though.

I have a Panasonic Q and a PAL Gamecube.

I can play anything and everything.

Any more questions?
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:12
Regular
Yes, where did you buy it from? How much all together?

Does it play PAL DVDs?

Can I get all the menus and stuff in full english?

Is the remote control in Japanese?

Can I have yours for £5 and some toffee?
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:32
Regular
Oh, and what about this memory card thing, I'll need to use seperate cards for PAL/NTSC games?
Fri 10/01/03 at 18:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
He already said it can play PAL DVDs.
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:03
Regular
"everyone says it"
Blank wrote:
> He already said it can play PAL DVDs.

Indeed I did.

I also find that American/JAP memory cards work on all the machines. I have four memory cards and take a few minutes getting the right one in for the right game. :-D
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:29
Regular
On a more less Q-Cube note, I'm thinking of importing my GC aswell with MP and Animal Crossing.

Will Freeloader allow me to play PAL games on it?
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:33
Regular
If it is ever released then probably although I don't know if you would need an American or Japanese Freeloader depending on where you import it from. However I thought that Freeloader was for the UK only because of games being released before in America and Japan and because some Japanese games are never released, but I could be wrong.
Fri 10/01/03 at 20:37
Regular
On the memory card issue, I meant, don't you have to keep PAL saves on seperate memory cards from NTSC game saves?

I'm going to go ahead and order one from Lik-Sang today, along with Animal Crossing from dvdboxoffice.com.

I'm resisiting the temptation for MP, like I've said before I'm not big on importing games, I can wait, and I'd like the stars too :)

I'm just going to check my TV is NTSC compatable...

As for freeloader, I didn't think there was a Us/Jap version, after all, why would they want to play PAL games?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.