GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Personal Web Server"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/01/02 at 16:27
Regular
I did have OmniHTTPd as recommended by Rob, but the date expired on it, but when I went to the Web Site for the newer version, the site is no longer there ... is there a new address for it?

If not, could anyone recomend another Server that I could use to help test my sites offline??

Also, would I be able to just download PHP and set my computer to run anything with a .php extenstion to run through the PHP.exe file, like other programs, or does it have to be through a Server enviornment??

Thanks to anyone for their help :o).
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
C:\Program Files\OmniHTTPd?
Wed 30/01/02 at 19:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Does anyone know where the files are for the server??

I uninstalled it all and re-did it when I downloaded the newer version, and it wouldn't work, as it had all the old settings which I made some how.

So where can I delete the file that has these settings, thanx
Wed 30/01/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I doubt that will work either, but try it.
Wed 30/01/02 at 19:28
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
hhhmm, the new version on the site seems to be outdated, and does't run either .... whats up with that??

Anyway, I've gone to download the one on your site, so thanx again for that mate :o).
Wed 30/01/02 at 15:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Brio: I'll just download the new release from the site if it's back up, but thanx for the .zip anyway :o)
Wed 30/01/02 at 07:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh, they probably just forgot to re-register the name. You'd be amazed how often that happens.
Wed 30/01/02 at 00:27
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
It looks like www.omnicron.ca is back online now. strange.
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:42
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
cjh wrote:
> That would be cool :o)

Thanks for taking the time to do it :o).

no problem :o)

go to http://www.btinternet.com/~rbrierton/ and you can download the original .exe file, and also the updated zip.
Tue 29/01/02 at 08:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
funkygamer wrote:
> That's quite interesting, are you on a DSL connection or something? What is a
> RedAlert attack, and how do you detect it? What kind of protection are you
> using (oooerrr!)

Just a normal dialup with a dynamic IP with Apache running, but it shows up on my Apache server logs. I'll paste the pattern if you want.

I ask because I'm hoping to get an "always-on"
> connection, but am worried about hack attacks. Can't you just turn your PC off
> anyway? I suppose that defeats the object eh?

Hmm. Try zonelabs.com
Mon 28/01/02 at 23:07
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
The web server I've been using for a few years now is Xitami (www.xitami.com). Its easy to install and configure for PHP, which is why I needed it ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.