GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't get your hopes up."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/03 at 17:14
Regular
With all this 'Nintendo will buy loads of manufacturers and get all the good games and rule'.

This is very unlikely, due to a) The large fan base surrounding the PS2 and the, uh, very large fanbase that the Xbox has..
b) There are laws regarding market dominance. it happened to Microsoft, and if Nintendo try and buy too many developers they will be stopped.
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:14
Regular
With all this 'Nintendo will buy loads of manufacturers and get all the good games and rule'.

This is very unlikely, due to a) The large fan base surrounding the PS2 and the, uh, very large fanbase that the Xbox has..
b) There are laws regarding market dominance. it happened to Microsoft, and if Nintendo try and buy too many developers they will be stopped.
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:54
Regular
unless they only try one, but I couldn't care less if they bought company's, as nintendo make the best games anyway.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:46
Regular
In my opinion, Nintendo should really concentrate on their third party support. Specifically, Capcom. They need to secure those five games as exclusives, and get some big names such as Devil May Cry and Onimusha on GameCube. I seriously think a Capcom buyout (if it's financially and practically possible), would be the best thing they could do now.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Balls"
in fact microsoft cant buy any, as they own such a big company, they could dominate the market even if they got 5 or 6.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I think second-parties are what Nintendo need to concentrate on a little more. Just look what Silicon Knights and Retro Studios have done for Nintendo. Also, with Rare leaving the flock there is still a gap to fill...
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:53
Regular
"Balls"
did you know sega are making the new star fox game, i think sega might fill a little of that small gap.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:54
"The Will of D."
Don't MS already own enough software and hardware companies to last him for a couple more decades, until he turns into a withered old Mr Burns.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:55
"The Will of D."
morbo wrote:
> did you know sega are making the new star fox game, i think sega might
> fill a little of that small gap.

Yep, good old Sega, they are also in control of F-Zero as well.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:55
Regular
morbo wrote:
> did you know sega are making the new star fox game, i think sega might
> fill a little of that small gap.

Nope they're not, NAMCO are making it.

Sega are making the new F-Zero game.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:56
Regular
"Balls"
no way it said in this mouths NGC that sega are making it... grrr im gonna get them

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.