GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Region X?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/03 at 20:22
Regular
Will it ever be released? There are some Region 1 titles that I want to purchase for my Xbox yet the release date just keeps slipping everytime I look! How hard can it be? The PS2 had one released within 2 months of its launch and I am sure that Microsoft and 3rd party developers releasing their own can hurry it along so that I can order titles before they are released over here. Does anyone have any additional information about Region X and when it will be released? Any version would be Okay as I will be glad when someone gets a move on and releases one before I start to develop my own Region X ;)
Tue 14/01/03 at 20:22
Regular
Will it ever be released? There are some Region 1 titles that I want to purchase for my Xbox yet the release date just keeps slipping everytime I look! How hard can it be? The PS2 had one released within 2 months of its launch and I am sure that Microsoft and 3rd party developers releasing their own can hurry it along so that I can order titles before they are released over here. Does anyone have any additional information about Region X and when it will be released? Any version would be Okay as I will be glad when someone gets a move on and releases one before I start to develop my own Region X ;)
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:00
Regular
You could always buy a shiny shiny Q :D

The DVD player is far supirior to the XBox's :-)
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
Ha! I have just purchased my Cube and I am not getting rid and getting another!

The DVD quality on the Xbox is actually better than that on the Q Cube as far as I am aware and from what the reviews I have read have suggested. I have an advanced RGB scart for my Xbox (as well as GameCube as of yesterday) and running into my AMP and after watching DVD's on a friends VERY expensive DVD player the Xbox can compete in all areas bar the noise that the console actually makes which can by a bit anooying but I have my 5.1 system on so that I can not hear it in the background.

Any news on the Region X front?
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:12
Regular
Apparently it was released last Friday and it is on the SR Database! Sorry for troubling you, all I need now is £20 and I will be ordering this ASAP so I can import the DVD's which we don't see until the 20th edition has been released in America ;)

Thanks!
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just buy a multi-regional player. There cheap plus they play Mp3 discs, VCD, SVCD etc.
Tue 14/01/03 at 23:00
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

>
> The DVD quality on the Xbox is actually better than that on the Q Cube
> as far as I am aware

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

*composes self*

fanboy
Tue 14/01/03 at 23:12
Regular
Whats so funny? It is and I aren't getting into another argument with you at this time of night. You seemed to think that it was so funny and you said the Q-Cube quality was better and I don't think it is. Stop looking for trouble with me all the time because you are really very annoying! You are argumentative, you don't let people have thier own opinion without calling them for it and you can't sustain any argument without calling people fools or idiots. Every post I do you seem to come in and tell me that I am wrong or that "Mine is better", I knew people like you back when I was 9-10 years old and I didn't like them then. Grow up and try to get on with people instead of constantly looking for trouble!
Tue 14/01/03 at 23:18
Regular
heh, look at you bursting a blood vessle over something that wa snever intended to be serious in the first place

Anyway, if you want to make soemthing of it. You know jack, have you ever used a Q? Ever actually been in the same room as a Q? You don't seme to understand, the Q IS a DVD player, not a console that can play them because it uses DVD storage media for it's games. It's a REAL DVD player, it has actual buttons on it, a real, covered in buttons remote, it has features the XBox doesn't have, as that is just a DVD player. you could go and buy a £200 Sony DVD player from the shops and chances are it won't be any better than the Q.

Panasonic are a great company who make quality electronics, this is one of their high-end DVD players that has been modified to play GC games, not the other way round.
Tue 14/01/03 at 23:25
Regular
You know jack about the Xbox and its DVD player and you know jack about Audio systems. I don't pretend that I do know anything about the Q-Cube but from what I have read the Xbox is better, I haven't tried and tested I have just read so I never said it was right or wrong. The quality of the Xbox DVD player can't be beaten in my opinion (bar the sound of the console) and without getting a magnifying glass out and looking on screen I don't think there will be any major differences. Anyway I am off to bed now so I will let you go and argue with someone else. The thing is though, you say I know jack about the Q-Cube yet I never said I knew anything about it in the first place apart from some reviews which compared the two yet somehow once again you turned it into an argument with me.
Tue 14/01/03 at 23:41
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
I
> never said I knew anything about it in the first place apart from some
> reviews which compared the two yet somehow once again you turned it
> into an argument with me.

Jesus christ.

So after saying you don't know anything at all about the Q-Cube, you then say that there is no way the XBox DVD player can be beaten in your completely biased opinion?

And at what point did you realise you can't say; 'Fizzy Drink A is nicer than Fizzy Drink B, because I've only ever had Fizzy Drink A'?

And your wrong agian, if you had payed any attention to posts recently you would I used to own an XBox, before selling it to raise money for a piano. In terms of picture quality, when you reach middle of the range DVD players it becomes hard to notice any difference, but that is what makes the high-end machines better. The Q has all these advanced features you would find only on dedicated DVD players, like RCE, Macrovision turned off etc.

The Q was Panasonic's project, it had little to do with Nintendo. It is a DVd player first, and a console second.

And from what evidence do you deduce I know nothing about audio systems? Considering I was using surround sound and home cinema systems long before you first got your hands on it, I think that's a mite presumptuous of you.

You are quick to issue your statement of why the XBox is a decent console, and they are fair and true points, but you do post every single time, regardless of what kind of argument it is, and most of the time we are only joking around anyway.

Clearly, when it comes to a proper argument, you are both inexpirenced and un-skilled enough to take part. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Do you think you could manage to argue against these points and not stray into a different topic at all? As last time all you managed to do was repeat my sentences but switch it round, and then make a fool of yourself by declaring that you have no expirence at all with what you are trying to argue against. If I were you I wouldn't bother trying, go back and read this and realise that none of your points are valid, and your opinions are massivley biased due to you having not used the Q. Just ask yourself, if this was a murder case would any of your points have stood up in court?

Savatt, please take your monkey away and re-train him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.