GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some MUST HAVE XBOX games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 22:02
Regular
I got my XBOX just over 2 weeks ago and it is awesome as hell (also own PS2), so far I have got Jet Set Radio Future + Sega GT 2002 (came with my XBOX) I have rented Buffy The Vampire and bought a new copy for a insane price of £11.20 of Genma Onimusha which is a awesome game! thinking of buying some more games soon, any sugestions?
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:53
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Thanks again for the recommdations, I have Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002 (got them with my XBOX)and Genma Onimusha (just completed it today) and probably buying 2 games next month, when I have got my exams at college out of the way. Splinter Cell/Halo and House of the dead 3 + lightgun (hopefully) are the games that are high on my list + I also have got a booklet of vouchers for HMV so I could get 2 XBOX games for £68.00 instead of £80.00 if the games both cost £40.00 each and I use a £12.00 off voucher so thats cool.
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:55
Regular
sure...i recommend

JSRF
Blinx the time sweeper
Splinter cell
Halo
BC
Driver 3

(Driver 3 comes out soon,as duz BC)
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:58
Regular
About the game prices.........

In XBM mag they do £5 quid off Splinter cell 4 use in Game.
Also the games r bout a fiver cheaper there anyway.There is also Special Reserve.
Sun 26/01/03 at 00:03
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> THPS4 before Halo? Mav you can't have played a wide spread of Xbox
> games if you would choose THPS4 over Jet Set Radio Future or Dead or
> Alive 3. The game is good but I avoid getting games that appear on
> all
> other consoles.

I agree with it up to avoid getting games that appear on all other consoles.This is silly.

> That's alienating yourself from some fantastic games! Tony Hawk's 4 is
> definately a must buy, and other multi-format games such as Burnout,
> Timesplitters 2, Extreme G-3, FIFA 2003, Nightfire and more should be
> missed out on for that reason.

Very true,Mav

> As for Halo, I reckon it's a good game, but vastly overrated. If I
> were someone with an X-Box, I'd easily pick THPS4 over it thanks to
> it's wide variety of challenges, huge lifespan, great extras and
> unquestionably timeless gameplay. Halo's good, but there are some
> major flaws to it.

You are completely wrong,you really must have a sega megadrive to be saying things like this.

> Dead Or Alive 3 is nice and quick, but not very long lasting, whereas
> Jet Set RF is a nice idea, and pulled off well, but certainly not
> 'fantastic'. So, with two X-Box owning friends - I can say I've played
> quite a few titles to make my mind up about.

Jet Set RF is a nice idea, and pulled off well, but certainly IS
'fantastic'.

> As for you Alistair, get THPS4 and you'll be thanking me for years.

Very true
Sun 26/01/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Get Steel Battalion!
Well only if you have an odd £100 spare...
Sun 26/01/03 at 12:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I already have Steel Battalion pre-ordered. Can't wait for that game. ;-)

Theres a pretty good number of games coming out over these early few months that I'll be picking up. ;-)

With Microsoft looking to be getting Lamborghini from Rage, I hope they grab Team SAS as well as that looks excellent. :-)
Good news is that if Microsoft are indeed grabbing Lamborghini, that'll make it an X-Box exclusive. :-)

Microsoft need to start keeping more games as X-Box exclusives rather than letting them be made into PC games as well. The X-Box has some great exclusives on the way through this year, but I still think Microsoft are letting some top titles slip through their fingers and onto other formats.

Apparently there is something like around 30 titles planned for the X-Box from Sega too which is great news. :-)

As far as the quantity of quality games coming out goes this year, I can see this being the X-Box's year. :-)
Sun 26/01/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Unretired"
To be honest If I were you I wouldnt just go by what people have said or by reviews. You'll need to form your own opinion on the games, we are all different and have different likings when it comes to the games. Therefore I recommend buying the Xbox Starter Pack magazine, that comes with a disk full of demos of all the games that people have mentioned. This way you can try all the games first before thinking of buying any. Alternitively the Xbox Official magazine comes with a playable disk full of new demos every month.
Sun 26/01/03 at 15:33
Regular
jon_smith wrote:
> You are completely wrong,you really must have a sega megadrive to be
> saying things like this.
> Jet Set RF is a nice idea, and pulled off well, but certainly IS
> 'fantastic'.

Not really. They're my opinions and I bet I could find a good few people to back me up on that.
Sun 26/01/03 at 15:36
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> As far as the quantity of quality games coming out goes this year, I
> can see this being the X-Box's year. :-)

Lol. It seems everyone's saying that about their preferred console at this point :).
Sun 26/01/03 at 15:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Like football really - even the shat teams can mouth off at the beginning of the season. ;-)
I promise that wasn't a dig at Nintendo. ;-p

Seriously though, should be a damn good year for gamers this year. :-)
I've gotta a bigger list of games this year than I've ever had before that I really want. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.