GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some MUST HAVE XBOX games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 22:02
Regular
I got my XBOX just over 2 weeks ago and it is awesome as hell (also own PS2), so far I have got Jet Set Radio Future + Sega GT 2002 (came with my XBOX) I have rented Buffy The Vampire and bought a new copy for a insane price of £11.20 of Genma Onimusha which is a awesome game! thinking of buying some more games soon, any sugestions?
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Tony Hawks 4 is a great game if you like the extreme sports games as a whole. When I first got my X-Box (Christmas), I got it with Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, Halo, Timesplitters 2 and Tony Hawks 4. At first I was on Halo all the time but soon after, I was on Tony Hawks 4 a lot. Its a good game to go back to, esecially with the Free Skate mode.

Other games which I now own that I would recommend are:

Halo (The name says it all!)
Project Gotham Racing (Top racer if you like racing games)
Timesplitters 2 (Great First Person Shooter. The Create a Deahmatch Arena mode is good.)
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:04
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Um i quite like conflict desert storm, its quite cheap and very injoyable.
Thu 16/01/03 at 23:59
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Thanks for the sugestions guys, I will be buying Halo without a doubt as I have played some it and thought it was awesome (I love shoot-em ups), Splinter Cell, Max Payne, Serious Sam and DOA 3 are high on my list too. Man theres too many great games to choose from!
Sat 18/01/03 at 00:25
Regular
Tony Hawk's 4 and Splinter Cell are the two you should buy. They'll keep you going for ages - and are the best games available. You should also look at Halo and Max Payne if you've got any cash left over.
Sat 18/01/03 at 17:02
Regular
THPS4 before Halo? Mav you can't have played a wide spread of Xbox games if you would choose THPS4 over Jet Set Radio Future or Dead or Alive 3. The game is good but I avoid getting games that appear on all other consoles and because of the elements which follow skating it puts me off a purchase. I used to enjoy playing the Tony Hawk games but ever since it is now associated with Heavy Rock music and sad little boys going around wearing make up and jet black hooded tops I have avoided ever since.
Sat 18/01/03 at 17:14
"High polygon count"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> THPS4 before Halo? Mav you can't have played a wide spread of Xbox
> games if you would choose THPS4 over Jet Set Radio Future or Dead or
> Alive 3.

And still the concept of 'personal preference' eludes him.
Sat 18/01/03 at 17:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Speaking of extreme sports titles - I've really got into Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer. :-) I prefer it over the likes of Tony Hawks because where the waves tend to act differently, you have to react on the spot rather than learn the perfect angle to approach a ramp, etc on other titles.

Using a girl named Lisa Anderson as she comes from the same area as my gf. ;-)) Jul was like "yay we're famous ! be her !" ;-))
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:35
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> THPS4 before Halo? Mav you can't have played a wide spread of Xbox
> games if you would choose THPS4 over Jet Set Radio Future or Dead or
> Alive 3. The game is good but I avoid getting games that appear on all
> other consoles.

That's alienating yourself from some fantastic games! Tony Hawk's 4 is definately a must buy, and other multi-format games such as Burnout, Timesplitters 2, Extreme G-3, FIFA 2003, Nightfire and more should be missed out on for that reason.

As for Halo, I reckon it's a good game, but vastly overrated. If I were someone with an X-Box, I'd easily pick THPS4 over it thanks to it's wide variety of challenges, huge lifespan, great extras and unquestionably timeless gameplay. Halo's good, but there are some major flaws to it.

Dead Or Alive 3 is nice and quick, but not very long lasting, whereas Jet Set RF is a nice idea, and pulled off well, but certainly not 'fantastic'. So, with two X-Box owning friends - I can say I've played quite a few titles to make my mind up about.

As for you Alistair, get THPS4 and you'll be thanking me for years.
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:36
Regular
Oo-er. First paragraph. Third line. That should be 'shouldn't'. Obviously.

:D
Sun 19/01/03 at 20:43
I only have a few games but i would reccomend:

Star wars obi-wan
Halo
Splinter cell
Artic thunder

hope this helps

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.