GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some MUST HAVE XBOX games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 22:02
Regular
I got my XBOX just over 2 weeks ago and it is awesome as hell (also own PS2), so far I have got Jet Set Radio Future + Sega GT 2002 (came with my XBOX) I have rented Buffy The Vampire and bought a new copy for a insane price of £11.20 of Genma Onimusha which is a awesome game! thinking of buying some more games soon, any sugestions?
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:02
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
I got my XBOX just over 2 weeks ago and it is awesome as hell (also own PS2), so far I have got Jet Set Radio Future + Sega GT 2002 (came with my XBOX) I have rented Buffy The Vampire and bought a new copy for a insane price of £11.20 of Genma Onimusha which is a awesome game! thinking of buying some more games soon, any sugestions?
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:06
Regular
Morrowind (it's big)
Splinter Cell (skulking unseen in shadows is good)
Hitman 2 (assassinating people is, err, good)
Halo (of course)
Enclave (if you like swords)
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:09
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
If you have ADSL, be sure to get Xbox live.

Moto GP is on offer at Toys R us too, it's a great game. £19.99. This also means if you buy Xbox Live, you'll be able to play all the tracks online, and not just 3 in the online demo.
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:20
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
As much as I want to get XBOX Live I can't because I don't have a credit card and my dad won't give his credit card details out to anyone not even Microsoft, owell I'll have to live without playing online.
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:32
Regular
Project Gotham Racing is the best racing game that I have ever played so I recommend that. I also recommend Amped as it is a superb and VERY lengthy game which I still haven't 100% (only 1 ranking and 3 Snowmen off). Max Payne is awesome if you haven't played the PC version and it is a must own in my opinion. Halo...Enough said! Dead or Alive 3 is also an excellent game and by a long shot my favourite fighting game of all time and if you are looking for action Mech Assault is as good as it gets. Buffy is very good and so is Unreal Championship but for now I would stick with those and before you know it March will have arrived and so will the release of:

Metal Gear Solid Substance
Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden

Look out for Dead to Rights which is released at the end of this month as it has got very good reviews and it looks a lot like Max Payne :D
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:42
"High polygon count"
Splinter Cell
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
TimeSplitters 2 (if you don't have it for your PS2)
Project Gotham Racing (if you like racers - think twice if you have GT3, though.)
Thu 16/01/03 at 18:49
Regular
Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing
Halo
Moto GP
Morrowind
Phantom Crash
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well first off - Buy Halo ! It is the best game on the X-Box and deserves a place in your house. ;-)

Heres a few other games for you to look into that I would consider must have titles (these are out now or VERY soon).

Project Gothem Racing (racing, obviously)
Dead Or Alive 3 (fighting)
Splinter Cell (stealth, shooter)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (shooter)
Dead Or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball (sports, volleyball)
Phantom Crash (mech shooter)
Mech Assault (mech shooter)

A few of these can be picked up pretty cheap - especially during the January sales, so keep your eyes peeled. :-)
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:36
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

I second that. I think I've spent the most amount of time on that game. More time than the likes of Halo and PGR. I've also enjoyed it more than any other game on my PS2 or Xbox.

It can be found quite cheaply at some places too, now.
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just got my X-Box around 2 weeks ago too. I got the same pack as yourself, and also bought Dead or Alive 3 and Mech Assault.

I find Mech Assault to be my favourite out of the bunch, and I have Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball ordered. I reckon that could also be worth you having a look at.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.