GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shall i ¿¿¿"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/01/03 at 14:25
Regular
ive bbeen thinking shall i sell my gamecube with 8 games and 2 m/cards two pads for an xbox or not.
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:44
Regular
Ooh! You sure showed him! It's unfortunate that he'll probably never read that, though.
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:27
Regular
clubber_boy_1 wrote:
> Don't sell your Gamecube. Soon I’m going to be selling my X-box for a
> PS2, why?, because its pants.

Erm... Let me see, you don't really own an Xbox do you? You are only saying that so you can turn round and say to people that you have given it a chance and that you have played the games. I have owned almost every console ever made (bar the Nes and Sega Saturn) and out of all of them none were "Pants".

> That’s my view anyway, the X-box has unfortunately not impressed me much > at all its basically a scaled down PC

Where have I seen this argument before? Scaled down PC? I have yet to see a PC game with the same level of graphics as Dead or Alive 3 and I have yet to see a flawless PC game which runs without a glitch. However for all of those who have played Dead or Alive 3 will be aware that the game runs at a constant 60 frames per second and I am yet to see a glitch in the gameplay. In terms of a 2.5GHZ, 512 MB RAM, 60GB Hard Drive PC then yes the Xbox is scaled down, however so is the PS2 and so is the GameCube. Looking at specifications the Xbox is scaled down, however in terms of game performance there isn't a difference and if anything the Xbox can run games more smoothly than a PC 4 times as powerful!

> but with worse quality games

This is your opinion and not a fact. If Halo, Splinter Cell, Dead or Alive 3, Amped, Project Gotham Racing, Jet Set Radio, Blinx etc are worse quality than what a has then I can't wait to see the high end quality of the Xbox releases.

> the games don’t run very smoothly

??? Is this a generalisation or are you talking about a particular game? I can name 7 Xbox games... In fact my whole collection which contains games which run without major glitches. Every console/game has minor glitches (some have major) and if you think the PS2 and its games doesn't then think again! If you think that PS2 games run with fewer glitches than the Xbox then you obviously haven't researched or extensively played one, GTA 3, Vice City, The Getaway, Tekken Tag Tournament etc all have their fair share of glitches as do most games. I really don't understand what you mean by this and maybe you will en-lighten me with an explanation, or don't you have one?

> either, its common for an X-box game to have slowdown.

Not in the slightest, in fact I would say that every Xbox game I have played so far has ran almost without any glitches at all. Halo had about 1 second of slow down when I played it in multiplayer but apart from that I have been very pleased with my Xbox.

> Anyway look how low down the list the X-box chat forum has got, its
> almost down to the Dreamcast forum, you guys (and girl's) obviously
> don’t have much to say about the X-box.

You wonder why? When idiots like you come in spouting rubbish about consoles that you don't actually own or have probably never played then it puts decent posters off from entering the forum. You are judging a console by how many posts a forum related to it has received withing the last 24 hours?! I think that verifys your level of gaming knowledge which so far has amonuted to a grand total of 0.

> I have a Gamecube to and its way better than X-box, much better games
> in way of quality and playability.

I have both as well as a Dreamcast and I will be buying a PS2 (again) in the Summer and there isn't anything to depict about all 4. I feel that the PS2 is the weakest in terms of games that I actually want but on the same hand the GTA series is my 3rd favourite game chain out side of Shenmue and Resident Evil! I got a GameCube 3 weeks a go and so far I am very pleased with what I have played and the games that are due for release this year are nothing short of superb. Playability is nothing to do with the console but rather the developers and I respect that you enjoy Nintendo games more than Xbox games but what I don't respect is your knowledge for the console.

Call me suspicous if you like but I don't believe that you even own an Xbox or possibly have ever played one. Out of all the consoles I have owned I can honestly say that I haven't dis-liked one of them. Sure I have had favourites but I can honestly say that I have never owned or played a "Pants console", Grow up!
Sun 26/01/03 at 19:42
Regular
Gamezfreak could buy it, he wants one after all, and then they both get what they want, kinda.
Tue 21/01/03 at 19:44
Regular
What in the name of GameBoy?
Tue 21/01/03 at 11:26
Regular
""To the pub...""
has tilawhirl ever heared of not double posting fool !
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Different stokes for different folks.
>
> I'd never sell my Cube, it's like a member of the family.

And you call people that want DOA: BV sad ?? ;-)) I guess we should be happy that you're not a Yank from a State like Arkansas where they happily marry family members. ;-))
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:41
Regular
Different stokes for different folks.

I'd never sell my Cube, it's like a member of the family.

Though Cubemad, if you're not happy with the console then maybe you should sell it......and also change ya user name.

:D
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:38
I have a PS2 and purchased a Gamecube on release as I thought it would compliment the PS2 perfectly, however personally I have been very dissapointed with the Cube. While it has very good graphics and sound the games in my opinion are missing something and I consider Mario Sunshine to be very overated. I recently sold the Cube and now have an Xbox and have not touched the PS2 since. When I had the cube though I was always playing on the PS2.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but this is my own opinion, had 8 games for the cube and the only one that held my interest was Star Wars Rogue Leader which for any Star Wars fan is a dream come true.

Overall I have no regrets on selling the cube.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:35
Regular
WonderSwan wrote:
> oh dear god selling your xbox for a ps2 LMAO you can't be serious and
> the rest is your Opinion and i have'nt seen any slow down in my xbox
> games in fact i'm impressed how the graphics are so good and the game
> runs smooth at the same time and i would rather play games like
> morrowind (one of the best games i've played) halo panzer dragoon orta
> etc etc than anyof the games on the cube and the games on the xbox
> which are also on the pc run beter on the xbox and its more comfatable
> to play morrowind for example on a xbox than a pc and same with
> multiplayer games.

Have you ever heard of a strange invention called a full stop?
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:35
Regular
WonderSwan wrote:
> oh dear god selling your xbox for a ps2 LMAO you can't be serious and
> the rest is your Opinion and i have'nt seen any slow down in my xbox
> games in fact i'm impressed how the graphics are so good and the game
> runs smooth at the same time and i would rather play games like
> morrowind (one of the best games i've played) halo panzer dragoon orta
> etc etc than anyof the games on the cube and the games on the xbox
> which are also on the pc run beter on the xbox and its more comfatable
> to play morrowind for example on a xbox than a pc and same with
> multiplayer games.

Have you ever heard of a strange invention called a full stop?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.