GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where are you now???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 10:36
Regular
Im just interested in finding out, where all us Sega fans have actually gone to. After the DC unfortunately died, even though we all still play with it. Most of us by now have bought a new console. So just as a survey, please post which machine you bought after the DC ended, and why.

Thanx.
Tue 28/01/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
I was reading PSW Magazine this month at they seem to be suggestiong that SEGA will be going truely multi-format and will not be doing many Exclusive Games so as to increase their revinue. It could be that the so called forthcoming Xbox or GC exclusives will not turn out to be. Lets face it if you where X amount in debt and wanted to recoup as much money as possible very quickly would you limit some of your best games to just one console. They could probable sell more of the same game on the PS2 than the Xbox and GC combined. It makes financial sense. If going down this road helps preserve the SEGA name and gaming genius than I think that it is well worth it.

BB
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:24
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Striding Cloud wrote:
While I'm here, what do people think of
> Sword of the Beserk? I enjoyed it, I know it was a arcade game dressed
> up in cut scenes, but I thought it was really well executed (heh heh)
> and the plot was amazing (amazingly messed up too!)

--I got it free when I bought my second Dreamcast (my first one is on its last legs)..... Its a very good pcik up and play arcade classic hack and slash. Graphics are oookay, and the storyline is pretty good. Voice acting is excellent, and when you go into Beserk Mode, its a very, very stress relieving game! I would recommend anyone to get it, makes a good add to the Dreamcast collection, however dont bother buying it for over £5 cos its not for everyone. But its one of the best hack and slash titles on DC. Apparently it has QTE events in as well, like in Shenmue, but I never really got that far into the game.
Mon 27/01/03 at 20:25
I had my DC for a little while, not that long, but started nabbing up the cheap games and stuff since I grabbed it for 60 quid new! I still have it in my set up. I'm trying to complete Soul Reaver, Shenmue II plus GC Resi Evil and Mario Sunshine and PS2 Devil May Cry and GTA III!! Next came the GC, then finally the PS2. I saw a PS2 for 140 quid with a really cool DVD case and thought, PS2... PS1 and a dvd player for a mere 140, doesn't seem so bad now. Since I missed out on all those RPGs! That was a big problem with the N64, not enough RPGs. Still preferred it though. Goldeneye is timeless, I prefer it to PD and TimeSplitters 2 always. While I'm here, what do people think of Sword of the Beserk? I enjoyed it, I know it was a arcade game dressed up in cut scenes, but I thought it was really well executed (heh heh) and the plot was amazing (amazingly messed up too!)
Wed 22/01/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Don't hate me for i"
i, regrettably had to out my great DC away to make room for my gamecube. although the 2 companies have always been fighting for buyers, i think that they are begining to work togther. i meen, how many sega games are no for the dc? thats why i got the gamecube, so i could play sega game sfor ever more
lol
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I didn't get my Dreamcast 'till AFTER I got my GameCube, last Summer.

I've enjoyed every-last-bit of it - especially in the Shenmue and Crazy Taxi games. And yet I still want more.

I do reckon I'll have an X-Box by Summer '04 also - mainly for all those SEGA/Dreamcast games that'll be coming out to add to the already-available list of games like Blinx and Jet Set Radio Future.

My GameCube's got some `special stuff` from SEGA on the way too; including a sequel to the excellent Super Monkey Ball, F-Zero, Skies of Arcadia, the Sonic Mega Colection, and even Evolution Worlds.

I'll also have a GBA SP within the next few months too, and they're are quite a few interesting SEGA games that'll be making their way onto that too. Like the SEGA Smash Pack, more Sonic Advance games, and even Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio (apparently)! Aswell as Super Monkey Ball Jr.
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:19
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Nomad $oul wrote:
I'm not a
> fan of MicroSoft by any stretch of the imagination, but I couldn't
> resist these SEGA titles, hence I bought an Xbox.
--I completely agree with you there. I did not buy an Xbox because I am a fan of Microsoft, I bought one because I wanted the great games that were gonig to be released with it.
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:18
Regular
Im gonna get an Xbox, just for the sega stuff House of the dead 3, Tj&Earl 3, jet Set, Crazy Taxi 3, PSO 1&2 and Shnmue 2 in english... are the Xbox is the Dreamcast 2.. what power
Mon 20/01/03 at 12:03
Regular
There's some great SEGA exclusives on the Xbox though: Panzer Dragoon Orta is looking particularly good. And then there's Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi: High Roller and House of the Dead 3.... I'm not a fan of MicroSoft by any stretch of the imagination, but I couldn't resist these SEGA titles, hence I bought an Xbox.
Mon 20/01/03 at 11:17
Regular
Hi all. I've just discovered this forum again after being away for a while, and it's good to see that so many Dreamcasters still exist! I bought my DC 2 years ago when the price really started to come down, and have been able to pick up some real bargains along the way, and as such I don't have the inclination to go and splah the cash again on a new machine, after all, I have a lot of Skies of Arcadia to play! The Gamecube would be my machine of choice, but sadly it seems that Nintendo have made precisely the same mistakes they made with the N64 - lacklustre marketing, and a dearth of 3rd party titles. I really didn't want Microsoft to cement their place in the console market, purely because I think old Bill has his fingers in too many pies, and should stick to PCs, but the Xbox has been seriously outperforming the GC in terms of sales, so it looks, sadly, like it'll eventually be a 2 horse race between the 'Box and the PS2.
Sun 19/01/03 at 19:54
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Gamecube
>
> Skies of Arcadia
>
> Again :D

NOOOoooooooooooo... hehe

But im glad i have the orginal

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.