GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where are you now???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 10:36
Regular
Im just interested in finding out, where all us Sega fans have actually gone to. After the DC unfortunately died, even though we all still play with it. Most of us by now have bought a new console. So just as a survey, please post which machine you bought after the DC ended, and why.

Thanx.
Fri 21/02/03 at 16:08
Regular
"He's back"
xbox
Tue 04/02/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah. Like I said in my topic, I bought a PS2 just after I bought my Dreamcast... 2 months inbetween, I only just caught the death rattle of the DC unfortunatly, actually, the Offical Dreamcast Magazine had stopped a few weeks before I even bought one! Call me lame... I never played on my DC after I got my PS2, until now. Oh well.
Tue 04/02/03 at 07:36
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I've yet to touch the 2nd copy of Shenmue that I've got sitting here
> gathering dust but I'm sure I'll get around to it one day.

Oh give it a whirl :-)
But seriously, some people think Shenmue is dull, but I just think it's refreshing to play a game where sometimes - nothing much happens.
I'm looking forward to Shenmue II on the Xbox because Ryo has now got himself a polaroid camera. Oh yes, so now we can skip merrily around the lush gameworld and snap nice sunsets and things - like, what's his name.... Lord Lichfield.
Sat 01/02/03 at 19:41
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Nomad $oul wrote:
Guts' "beserk" rage is wild. I've
> seen it new for 2.99. Worth every penny for that price.

--Its amazing when he goes Beserk! If I can rememeber the screen goes a blood red, and he is basically invincible in that mode and inflicts HUGE amounts of damage. Vocie acting is very good. I got it free with my second DC I bought... its worth getting.
Sat 01/02/03 at 18:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ooh, I never answered this post...

After the DC I was pretty sure I was going to get an XBox but got given a PS2 before I had time to buy one. So I'm now playing PS2 most of the time and occaisionally pop back to the DC for a bit of Skies of Arcadia or PSO.

I've yet to touch the 2nd copy of Shenmue that I've got sitting here gathering dust but I'm sure I'll get around to it one day.
Sat 01/02/03 at 16:31
Regular
Striding Cloud wrote:
> While I'm here, what do people think of
> Sword of the Beserk?

I really like SotB. The lead character "Guts" is one of my favourite gaming characters. There is a bit too many cut-scenes and not enough action, but Guts' "beserk" rage is wild. I've seen it new for 2.99. Worth every penny for that price.
Wed 29/01/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Errmm... After the death of my Dreamcast then traveled to gamecube as i did already have an N64,

Also I play alot of footy now. yahoo :D
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:24
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Jakeway wrote:
> There was a list of all the game to come out on the DC before they
> pulled it, I cant really remember it but stuff like simcity 4 was on
> there. if only they give it one more year :(

--OMG!!!!!! Do you have that list or any link to it? I know it would make me feel more gutted, but im interested in to know how much 3rd party support DC would have got if it had continued.
Wed 29/01/03 at 12:29
Regular
There was a list of all the game to come out on the DC before they pulled it, I cant really remember it but stuff like simcity 4 was on there. if only they give it one more year :(
Tue 28/01/03 at 17:29
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
BigBob wrote:
It makes financial
> sense. If going down this road helps preserve the SEGA name and gaming
> genius than I think that it is well worth it.

--I agree... but titles like Shenmue will remain on consoles like XBox, because MS apparently have the rights to it. I have heard Nintendo have Super Monkey Ball rights, but im not sure. It would be great to see Monkey Ball on XBox... just a shame DC diddnt last long enough for us to see these games released on Dreamcast!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.