GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killer Instinct?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killer Instinct'.
Mon 20/01/03 at 10:20
Regular
Whilst thinking about the next gen version of MK, another of my favourite beat -em ups came to mind, and made me confused.

Killer Instinct, anyone ever remember what happend to it?

As far as I know, there was only ever 3 versions of it (SNES, GB and N64 (Gold Edition), but at the time it was brilliant.

It was fast, extremly fast if you knew some moves,

And I think Rare, not Nintendo owned the license.

I want a new version, I want Sabrewulf and Fulgore on my Xbox....
Mon 20/01/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Whilst thinking about the next gen version of MK, another of my favourite beat -em ups came to mind, and made me confused.

Killer Instinct, anyone ever remember what happend to it?

As far as I know, there was only ever 3 versions of it (SNES, GB and N64 (Gold Edition), but at the time it was brilliant.

It was fast, extremly fast if you knew some moves,

And I think Rare, not Nintendo owned the license.

I want a new version, I want Sabrewulf and Fulgore on my Xbox....
Mon 20/01/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Remember that massive 47 move combo with Sabrewulf that could decimate an opponent in three seconds flat? Classic move!
Mon 20/01/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Brilliant game also miss it

*Wipes the tear off the eye*

Anyway, I'm betting rare will release it on Xbox but very doubtful it'll be in the near future or even this year. (Late 2004 or 2005 :D)

but its up to rare! But i remember Jacko i think it is and Boney guy :)
Mon 20/01/03 at 12:55
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Almost as great as the fact that I won a GAD. Yay! Thank you SR.

I sem to remember that Gerrid's copy of Killer Instinct (gold??) on the SNEA came with a free audio CD which impressed us no end for at that tie we didn't have CD players. Or at least he didn't.
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Oh yes, I remember that combo Unbeliever, and that was why Sabrewulf was my character, as was Scorpion in MK.

And for some reason, I can't get it out of my head. Played it at my lunch, and within five seconds I'd remembered the majority of his moves.
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:41
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> Almost as great as the fact that I won a GAD. Yay! Thank you SR.
>
Me too. Put it there mate!

...don't leave me hangin...
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I liked Cinder.

He had a combo that made him turn invisible.
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:51
I do not recall ever playing Killer Instinct.

But MK2 ruled. FINISH HIM!

Mortal Kombat - the most ultra-violent game ever made. Bar none.
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
More annoying to other people I found was the 'shadow' warrior skin thing on KI Gold (N64). It was quality, especially if you were on a dark level.

Your opponent would be constantly sat there squinting to find you, by which time they had been finished off by a finishing move....
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Tyler Durden wrote:
> I do not recall ever playing Killer Instinct.
>
> But MK2 ruled. FINISH HIM!
>
> Mortal Kombat - the most ultra-violent game ever made. Bar none.

KI was on par with blood, not fatalities, but combos were easy to pull off and easy to block. It was a very fair game, with only Saburwulf being slightly over powered in my opinion.

Just found out there was an KI 2 (arcade only), I think that was KI gold on the N64. Never played it in the arcade though.

KI was claimed to be the best beat-em up on the SNES, It was one of the only good ones on the N64, although the graphics were not that great (2d characters on a 3d backdrop).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.