GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killer Instinct?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Killer Instinct'.
Mon 20/01/03 at 10:20
Regular
Whilst thinking about the next gen version of MK, another of my favourite beat -em ups came to mind, and made me confused.

Killer Instinct, anyone ever remember what happend to it?

As far as I know, there was only ever 3 versions of it (SNES, GB and N64 (Gold Edition), but at the time it was brilliant.

It was fast, extremly fast if you knew some moves,

And I think Rare, not Nintendo owned the license.

I want a new version, I want Sabrewulf and Fulgore on my Xbox....
Tue 21/01/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I liked it more than MK, as the combos were easy to pull off (dash,punch kick, punch etc).

The N64 version wasn't pant's, the problem was that it just didn't imrpove graphically on what the SNES was capable of, and it wasn't 3D.

A proper 3D version would be cool, c'mon Rare!
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:04
Regular
Nå†ßu© wrote:
Although
> Spinal was pretty cool. :P

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOOWWOWOWOW

or somthing....
Mon 20/01/03 at 20:56
Regular
"  "
It weren't bad, good in its time but not a patch on MK. Although Spinal was pretty cool. :P
Mon 20/01/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
gerrid wrote:
> Unbeliever wrote:
> I remember that move now! And you could do it over and over again
> thuis giving your opponent no chance whatsoever.
>
> You must be the crappest person to play multiplayer fighting games
> with.
> Mr one move wonder.

Not really. I only reserved that move for idiots who thought they could take me down. Usually i resorted to swift combos with that girl..(can't remember her name)
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Killer Instinct was great. My favourite character was Spinal, he was cool. I loved it on the SNES and my first game for the N64 was Killer Instinct Gold. But it was no where near as good as the first one.

If another one was made, then I would be in doubt that it could regain the greatness of the SNES version.
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
maddmun wrote:
> EYEDOL!
> That was it!

yes, I think it was to get him was to press a selection of buttons while on the Vs. Screen with Cinder.

Thats what i remember anyway. :)
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:51
Regular
I only need to do one move, my opponents are SO awestruck that they run away home, foreiting matches, I'm TOO good.
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Unbeliever wrote:
> I remember that move now! And you could do it over and over again
> thuis giving your opponent no chance whatsoever.

You must be the crappest person to play multiplayer fighting games with.
Mr one move wonder.
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:45
Regular
i'm sure it was
"down to forward, B"
THat may be wrong though
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I remember that move now! And you could do it over and over again thuis giving your opponent no chance whatsoever. He used to come up from under the ground and uppercut you and if you kept on doing the same uppercut, Glacius would charge the move up and keep on doing it until his foe was vanquished. Ahh..the beauty of the one-move wonder! Many an opponent has been decimated using that ONE MOVE!

*Unbeliever gleefully rubs his hands together remembering the countless thrashings he gave his "mates" at KI while never revealing how to do the move!*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.