GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Fox Adventures'.
Mon 20/01/03 at 23:24
Regular
Been thinking about this for a while now, and I can say this is a very overlooked game.

Its great fun to play and sadly looks as if it has been overlooked by the masses who buy such CRAP like TheSims.

Anyways, I am going to put my er-proval on it.

Anyone who doesn't own Starfox Adventures. Give it a go!
Wed 22/01/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'm staying away from this game. I might get beaten up for playing it. Tiltwhirl seems to have strong feelings against it, and he's a bigger boy...
Wed 22/01/03 at 15:08
Regular
I actually thought that the shop keeper was funny... :-D
Wed 22/01/03 at 15:05
Regular
It's pretty flawed but I think you let it's simplicity ruin it too much for you.

The fight system was a HUGE let down, but so long as you're not expecting the best game you've ever played, it is reasonable fun.

And you have to play it, even if just to see what graphical power the Gamecube can achieve. It looks better than any Xbox game, let alone other Gamecube games.

Sure it's simple, repetetive and pretty unimaginative (it doesn't feel like a real world at all, I mean it's just scenes and places, not a living breath world, if you know what I mean...).

But it's still playable and has it's moments where it's fun.

It's not half as bad as Digitiser and Tilt make out, although I think they were slating it based on their disappointment - I sort of knew what to expect.
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:40
Regular
One thing I did like about Starfox though was the fact that the leader of that the head of one of the Tribes sounded like a Pappa Lazarou.

I was waiting for him to try and sell me some pegs.

"You're my wife now"
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:29
Regular
*refrain

I'm sure that's one of many typing errors
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:28
Regular
pumba wrote:
> tiltawhirl shut up u haven't gotta keep saying how crap a game is and
> i am gonna say u have no good taste in videogames

I was gonna rerain from properly replying to this topic and stating how much I despise this terrible excuse for a game. But getting told I have no taste in games by a newbie for not liking SA and not thinking it's the best game ever is like getting told you're an idiot for saying that Lara Croft is an ugly computer generated mare.

The game sucked there's no way around it. For starters whoever said the levels where imaginative is completly, undeniably wrong. Ice world, fire world, beach world.....haven't we seen this somewhere before? yes that's right we've seen it in every other rare platformer ever conceived....not really looking too good so far is it?

The combat system, where shall I start with this one? simplistic, bland, repetetive, button bashing. Terrible in other words.

The puzzles, take barrel A to point B and drop it. Shoot the cunningly disguised panel sitting on the wall in front of you. Or how about the best of a really bad bunch, find the gold....jeez you wouldn't think it'd be under the patches of funny coloured sand on the beach would ya?

The game is like Zelda for retards, I felt completly patronized by it at every corner I turned. Sure the graphics where amazing but after about 1 hour of play it sinks in just how crap, boring and repetetive this terrible game is. It was just one big scavenger hunt much like Rares other games, don't get me wrong i enjoyed Rares other games, they where actually challenging. It's Zelda for teeny boppers.

It's a case of lazy Rare churning out another 'by the book platformer' but this time for some odd reason they decided to make it for simpletons.

Don't even get me started on the flying sections, the voice overs, the shop keeper, the storyline, Prince Tricky etc etc

It was a terrible game, there's no way around it. Fair enough some of you got some enjoyment out of it. But after playing through Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conkers Bad Fur Day and DK64 I can't help but look at Starfox Adventures and wonder what the fook went wrong.

Anyway i've said my piece, I'm sure Pumbas gonna start crying again because I don't like his 'bestest game in the world times 10 million'
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:28
Regular
Well it does say it plays PAL games on the box, I was just intriguied.

You were hardly helpful were you, sending me to a big page that flashes the word Idiot repeatidly..

And SoA is better
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes wrote:
> pfft
>
> SoA is so good it's worth buying a Dreamcast and a GC for, and a Q so
> you can import it early.

Pfff.

Don't correct me.

You tried to play a PAL game in your Q. HAHA!
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:18
Regular
pfft

SoA is so good it's worth buying a Dreamcast and a GC for, and a Q so you can import it early.
Tue 21/01/03 at 23:48
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes wrote:
> It's called: "Skies of Arcadia"

Its called Metroid Prime. You plumb

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.