GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Gamer Magazine"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/01/03 at 10:05
Regular
New magazine is out for Xbox called Xbox Gamer, it's X Gamer's new name and design. Why would you want a mag without demo's I hear you ask ?

Free Splinter Cell Prima Strategy guide, just like the ones in Game at £12.99 anyone ? For £3.40 you get the mag and the guide.

Magazine itself is quite nice, though the writing style is somewhat laddish, but anyway there are reviews of Shenmue 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substnace, and Steel Battalion ! Is it worth £130 is probably the question we all want to know isn't it ? Read the review and make up your mind, for me it looks great, and if all goes well on My (relisted after some moron didn't pay) Gamecube auction, then I may well go for it.

Aside from that are previews of this year's big games, more reviews and all the usual.

All in all a worthy thing for £3.40.

Apologies if someone already posted about the free guide thing, but I know it might be of use to some of you.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 25/01/03 at 01:03
Regular
Well if I have the sudden urge to play I will just go down to the shops at the end of the street, buy some crappy plastic toys and a few dried fish for next door's cat.

Then I'll dance around in the garden to improve my fighting technique, not that I'll ever have to use it.
Sat 25/01/03 at 01:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well that was silly of you wasn't it. ;-) eh, I'll still be getting Shenmue 2 - I enjoyed playing the first game on the DC.
Sat 25/01/03 at 00:57
Regular
I didn't get either until they had both been released, and then I ordered them at the same time.
Sat 25/01/03 at 00:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yup, as of next month, we'll have 2 demo disks to looks forward to. :-)
Sat 25/01/03 at 00:50
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Sav wrote:
> DVD demo

What??!

I'm shallow, therefore i'm sold!
Sat 25/01/03 at 00:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You have "them" on THE DC Whitestripes ? If Shenmue is such a big pile of pants, why buy the sequel ?

Anyway, onto the mag - I bought it and I think its an excellent read. :-)
The girl who is pictured throughout makes for some nice eye candy too. ;-)) Its a massive improvement over the old X-Gamer mag and the guide freebie is a very welcome addition as guides like it usually cost between £10 - £13. Was nice to see that another mag will be offering a DVD demo as of next month. :-)

I like to read through my X-Box mags at work during my breaks and this one seems to have a lot more content than before so it'll last a decent amount of time along with XBM and the Official mag. :-)

Looking forward to the Toejam & Earl demo on the next official mag too !
Sat 25/01/03 at 00:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Whens OXM out.

I want new demos and previews to read. (stamps feet)
Fri 24/01/03 at 23:25
Regular
Ooh! Score one for Whitestipes! Yeah!
Fri 24/01/03 at 23:02
Regular
No, actually. You should stop assuming things.

I have them on the Dreamcast, and they are both complete crap. It doesn't matter what platform it's on, I will always hate Shenmue.

Perhaps you should stop desperatly trying to find ways to have a dig at anyone that likes Nintendo? Grow up or get lost.
Fri 24/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Don't forget the pure exhileration of watching the same 'buy can and
> watch him drink it and drop it in the bin' animation over and over
> again.
>
> Plus the bonus of buying crisps and chocolate and not being able to
> eat them.
>
> *hyperventilates*

Of course, in true Rare turnaround style, if Sega announce tomorrow it's coming to the GC it'll be a brilliant game which MS were trying to hog as an exclusive.... getting rather predictable this isn't it ?

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.