GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Gamer Magazine"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/01/03 at 10:05
Regular
New magazine is out for Xbox called Xbox Gamer, it's X Gamer's new name and design. Why would you want a mag without demo's I hear you ask ?

Free Splinter Cell Prima Strategy guide, just like the ones in Game at £12.99 anyone ? For £3.40 you get the mag and the guide.

Magazine itself is quite nice, though the writing style is somewhat laddish, but anyway there are reviews of Shenmue 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substnace, and Steel Battalion ! Is it worth £130 is probably the question we all want to know isn't it ? Read the review and make up your mind, for me it looks great, and if all goes well on My (relisted after some moron didn't pay) Gamecube auction, then I may well go for it.

Aside from that are previews of this year's big games, more reviews and all the usual.

All in all a worthy thing for £3.40.

Apologies if someone already posted about the free guide thing, but I know it might be of use to some of you.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 28/01/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
that free walkthrough for splinter cell is amazingly good
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:32
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whitestripes banned ? Has a Ninty reign of terror ended..... ? Or is it just SR screwed up again ? Hmm...

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 26/01/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I bought XboxGamer over OXM on Saturday over the fact that OXM's cover art is AWFUL and Xboxgamer had a nice lady on the front(somthing they should have every month) :P.

Oh, Xboxgamer is cheaper, and has better articles with a nice splinter cell guide. If I had more money on me I would of got both though.
Sun 26/01/03 at 02:31
Regular
Enjoy

It's more fun than playing the game
Sun 26/01/03 at 01:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Great observation gerrid. ;-)
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
WS is evidently in search of people to bore with his claims of Shenmue being rubbish.
I don't think anyone cares.
That's a 0 on the forum's 'Care-O-meter', eh?
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> I have them on the Dreamcast, and they are both complete crap. It
> doesn't matter what platform it's on, I will always hate Shenmue.
>
> Which would be why you bought BOTH of them eh ?

I've already answered that in this topic, if you'd botherd to read it properly.

>
> Perhaps you should stop desperatly trying to find ways to have a dig
> at anyone that likes Nintendo? Grow up or get lost.
>
> And again, this would be why you're in the Xbox forum saying how crap
> an Xbox european exclusive (Shenmue 2 never gota DC release here) game
> is ?
>

Yes it did, Shenmue 2 wasn't released in Amiecia on the DC because the original was rubbish, it was released in Europe though because we liked it, apparently.

> I'm already tall enough by the way, and it's rather hard to get
> lost...how about you shut up and go back to your Q :P

What!? I haven't left it! I've been watching the BTTF trilogy on it :P
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've picked up the Official mag and its great this month. Love the TJ&E demo ! It was excellent to play, not only that, but Sega have even jazzed up the old classic soundtrack so I was well happy. ;-))

Anyway, thats a game thats definatly bought on its release. ;-)
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:15
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I have them on the Dreamcast, and they are both complete crap. It
> doesn't matter what platform it's on, I will always hate Shenmue.

Which would be why you bought BOTH of them eh ?

> Perhaps you should stop desperatly trying to find ways to have a dig
> at anyone that likes Nintendo? Grow up or get lost.

And again, this would be why you're in the Xbox forum saying how crap an Xbox european exclusive (Shenmue 2 never gota DC release here) game is ?

I'm already tall enough by the way, and it's rather hard to get lost...how about you shut up and go back to your Q :P

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Mantis wrote:
> Whens OXM out.
>
> I want new demos and previews to read. (stamps feet)

It was out Friday, so far I've only played the Reign Of Fire demo - nowhere near as bad as the reviews suggested, and Fireblade - far worse than reviews suggested.... Haven't bothered with toejam and earl 'cause I didn't like them on the Megadrive !

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.