GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Gamer Magazine"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/01/03 at 10:05
Regular
New magazine is out for Xbox called Xbox Gamer, it's X Gamer's new name and design. Why would you want a mag without demo's I hear you ask ?

Free Splinter Cell Prima Strategy guide, just like the ones in Game at £12.99 anyone ? For £3.40 you get the mag and the guide.

Magazine itself is quite nice, though the writing style is somewhat laddish, but anyway there are reviews of Shenmue 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substnace, and Steel Battalion ! Is it worth £130 is probably the question we all want to know isn't it ? Read the review and make up your mind, for me it looks great, and if all goes well on My (relisted after some moron didn't pay) Gamecube auction, then I may well go for it.

Aside from that are previews of this year's big games, more reviews and all the usual.

All in all a worthy thing for £3.40.

Apologies if someone already posted about the free guide thing, but I know it might be of use to some of you.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 23/01/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
New magazine is out for Xbox called Xbox Gamer, it's X Gamer's new name and design. Why would you want a mag without demo's I hear you ask ?

Free Splinter Cell Prima Strategy guide, just like the ones in Game at £12.99 anyone ? For £3.40 you get the mag and the guide.

Magazine itself is quite nice, though the writing style is somewhat laddish, but anyway there are reviews of Shenmue 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substnace, and Steel Battalion ! Is it worth £130 is probably the question we all want to know isn't it ? Read the review and make up your mind, for me it looks great, and if all goes well on My (relisted after some moron didn't pay) Gamecube auction, then I may well go for it.

Aside from that are previews of this year's big games, more reviews and all the usual.

All in all a worthy thing for £3.40.

Apologies if someone already posted about the free guide thing, but I know it might be of use to some of you.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 23/01/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Hmmm £130 for Steel Battalion? Sounds too pricey. If other games will be ble o take advantage of then peripheral, then yes, it is probably worth it. If not, then that's the price of a GC and there's no way it will sell many copies. Only the hardcore gamers will buy it.
Thu 23/01/03 at 11:02
"slightlyshortertagl"
i might buy it then return it under GAME's 10 day no fuss

:0)
Thu 23/01/03 at 17:12
Regular
"BOSE"
i think that only applies to things like games, consoles, pads etc. not magazines. they're not stupid. they know you could read everything in an hour or two and return it
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:00
Regular
Yeah I brought that Mag the other day.

Great mag heh? The old X-Gamer was a bit crap, But they've changed it a little and it looks great (including the woman on the front *Ahem*)

And the free Splinter Cell guide comes into great use. Next month its a DVD.
Fri 24/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
How did they rate Shenmue II?
Fri 24/01/03 at 21:12
Regular
4/5

And in my opinion it looks fantastic. Never played it before though....
Fri 24/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
It's great

They've so perfectly captured the mundaness and complete lack of excitement or fun in everyday jobs such as slowly driving crates backwards and forwards across a harbour.
Fri 24/01/03 at 21:26
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> They've so perfectly captured the mundaness and complete lack of
> excitement or fun in everyday jobs such as slowly driving crates
> backwards and forwards across a harbour.

There's more to it than that - like, er, collecting little plastic figures for instance.... and punching & kicking thin-air in empty car parks....

Shenmue is a cool game.
Fri 24/01/03 at 21:37
Regular
Don't forget the pure exhileration of watching the same 'buy can and watch him drink it and drop it in the bin' animation over and over again.

Plus the bonus of buying crisps and chocolate and not being able to eat them.

*hyperventilates*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.