GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube-The Unique Selling Points...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/01/02 at 19:57
Regular
Now before you start having a go at me for being a PS2 man, I can assure you that I never mouth off about any consoles without any reasoning....I am not here to argue about anything anyway.

I have been giving thought about getting a Gamecube towards the end of the year (maybe as a Christmas present). In my opinion having a PS2 and a Gamecube will be beneficial for me since I willbe able to play different types of games on both consoles.

Now since I know as much about the Gamecube as Claudio Ranieri about football, I would like you to let me in on some of the best games that will be out for Gamecube in the next year or so. Please dont mention games that are PS2 conversions.

And if you dont mind could you also say why in your opinion Gamecube is worth getting...

Thanks a lot.
Fri 25/01/02 at 01:14
Regular
gamecube is a very good console even look at the hardware, it is a very reasonable console.
Thu 24/01/02 at 14:28
Regular
Sibs wrote:
Other notable games include 'Kameo' by Rare, a new Res Evil game for
> all you horror junkies,

Only Kameo has nothing to do with Resident Evil...

You play some mystical woman who can capture monsters Pokémon style and you can send them out or turn into them to use as you see fit, each monster having it's own ability.

One can climb walls, another can breath fire, one can throw eggs... etc...
Wed 23/01/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
u should get a GC coz Sony Gaystation Poo sux big buttoks and Nintendo are bezt cos i sed so...

*ahem*

Well, there are lots of good games...

Super Smash Bros. will be great if you are a Nintendo fan, because of the classic characters, and trophies of all the Ninty greats, but it'll be good regardless of whether you are a long time fan or not.

Mario Kart will be awesome, with multiplay mayhem and maybe even online functionality!

Perfect Dark 2 will be great, and will also be an incredibly strong multiplay title, as well as being quite possibly the best Console FPS! Rare aren't just gonna churn out a sequel to a winning formula... there will be an evolution in this title as we saw PD evolve from Goldeneye.

Eternal Darkness takes Resident Evil survival horror, takes out the B-movie style shocks, and adds in a subtler (but much scarier) style. This will be built with both gruesome enemies, and the 'insanity meter'. As your character sees more and more 'freaky s***' then you start to question your sanity, and may begin to see things, may experience things that aren't real, etc. It should add a lot to the experience, never quite knowing what is real, and what is just 'in your head'.

Mario and Zelda will undoubtedly be great, and (hopefully) will be epics despite the 'short and sweet' policy.

Other notable games include 'Kameo' by Rare, a new Res Evil game for all you horror junkies, that really cool looking Footie game by Sega (the one with a goallie and 3 others, and you play no rules footie with cartoon like characters and stuff! Well, I thought it looked cool anyway!) and some other stuff I can't think of at the moment... Oh yeah, Starfox Adventures, that's what I was thinking of! That looks great too, with an adventurey Zelda style gameplay by the looks of it. And it's by Rare, so expect great things!

That's all for now, I'm sure other people will come up with lots of great games for you to think about, but my mind has had its' few minutes use for today...
Wed 23/01/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
WCW vs NWO was like that.. Sort of. I loved that game :o)
Wed 23/01/02 at 10:49
Regular
Having to grapple to pull off a move looks a bit dodgy too.

You don't see that sort of grappling in real wrestling.
Instead of holding them in a grapple, perhaps a better way of "grabbing" them would be better.

You could simply grab hold of their head and hold it until you're ready to move, or if you press the combination quick enough, it goes straight into the move without needing the "hold" animation.

Perhaps there could be a stamina meter.
The more hurt you are, the lower it is.
The more energy you use by pulling off moves, the lower it goes, and it slowly regenerates as you rest.

The more stamina you have, the faster you be and the harder your moves would be, or something along those lines atleast...
Tue 22/01/02 at 22:56
Regular
Hopefully No mercy without the slowdown :)

That would be nice...

They really dont need to change it that much, i think the engine is just fine...just needs a little injection of speed.
Tue 22/01/02 at 21:46
Regular
It'll be more like No Mercy (different develloper to both Smack Down and Attitude).
Tue 22/01/02 at 19:39
Regular
"You Bum!!"
WWF Wrestlemani sounds the best to me to be honest...Is it going to be arcadey like Smackdown or more kinda WWF Attitude?
Tue 22/01/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Gasmask- head PR officer for Ninty since 1874

Sonic

Well Y'Know

*Polishes 128 PR officer badges*

:oP
Tue 22/01/02 at 17:56
Regular
Dr. Duck wrote:
> Or†ega wrote:
every goal you
> score will be different. Cool
> huh?

>What, both of them?

I ment in the whole life of the game. Apparently every goal you will ever score will always be different.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.