GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OPS2M"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/01/02 at 08:19
Regular
Received the latest edition of OPS2M this morning, nearly a week and a half early.

Playable Demos

Rez
Wipeout Fusion (For the 3rd Month)
Parappa the Rapper 2
Crash Bandicoot
Robot Wars
Soul Reaver 2
Oh and a game called Metal Gear Solid 2

Not had chance to have much of a go, have to go out today but the first part of the demo is the same as the one with Z.O.E., get to the bridge and defeat Olga, then the mag says there is more.

Video Previews

Onimusha 2
Agent Under Fire
SSX Tricky
Mike Tyson Boxing
Kessen 2
ICO
Toca Race Driver

Reviews with scores

Ace Combat 7/10
Parappa The Rapper 7/10
Moto GP 2 7/10
Police 24/7 5/10
Salt Lake 2002 5/10
Centre Court 4/10
Monsters Inc 4/10
Legends Of Wrestling 5/10
Evil Twin 5/10
Magix music Maker 6/10
Space Race 5/10
Woody Woodpecker 3/10

That just leaves the review for Metal Gear Solid 2, so what do we think that got, well it is the official playstation 2 magazine so of course it received........... 10/10

I think this mag is in the shops on 29th Jan, next edition 22nd Feb with Demos of Herdy Gerdy and Dynasty Warriors 3. I will post more details on the MGS2 demo later if someelse does not beat me to it.
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Bah"
just finished!
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?custid=5830
MM
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:12
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
remember when writing back history, MGS didnt begin on PSone. It started back on the nintendo entertainment system (NES) so MGS2 isnt really number 2. Its just number 2 in the playstation series.
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:10
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Tell me when its done. If you need any help or ideas just ask.
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:09
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yeah that was a good review you did TomUK. Oh well atleast you have learnt from your mistake of using the E word.
But you may still have a chance of winning, wait and see...
I hope I win for one of my reviews.

This topic about a magazine has quickly become a GAD and review disscusion topic. Im not sure how and when it changed though.
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Bah"
my first prize ws for my Fifa 2002 review, im just writing my metal gear solid review on your basis!
MM
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:06
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I think that I could have had a chance with my Shaun Palmer Review. Unfortunately, I forgot to check the other reviews from that day, and found some quite good ones posted on that day.

I also included a reference to *that shop*, which may put SR off letting me win.

Ahh well, maybe next time. I really want MGS2.
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I mean dots not doys
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
What was your first GAD prize for?

Its quite a good review, good descriptions and content. But it could do with being a bit longer (but I guess there isnt all that much you could say about a game like Rez) you could also do with less ............, if your going to do that, dont do it too often and only use 3 doys (...)

Keep trying, and you will improve as you go. Then in time it will lead to a nice new GAD.
Sun 27/01/02 at 17:57
Regular
"Bah"
thnaks mate i will try! i just did a rez review before i read this -see what you think :)
MM
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?custid=1008609963
Sun 27/01/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
yeah my 3 most recent wins have been from prize 3. Its easier to win, but not as good prize.

Here are some tips which MAY help you with your review:

Start of with an introduction, that includes some background history of what the product is.

Breifly tell the story of the Game/Movie - WITHOUT given away too many spoilers

Then talk about the good points, like graphics, attention to detail, sound track, gameplay etc.

The conclude the review, add in any more detail the reader may want or need to know, and your done.

Also try adding in phrases like you see as the gameaday quote. eg things like if Metal gear solid was your girlfriend, your mates would be so jelouse. Its good looking, fun and full of surprises.

Now your ready to write your review - go on mrmatrix and remember you are the one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.