GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OPS2M"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/01/02 at 08:19
Regular
Received the latest edition of OPS2M this morning, nearly a week and a half early.

Playable Demos

Rez
Wipeout Fusion (For the 3rd Month)
Parappa the Rapper 2
Crash Bandicoot
Robot Wars
Soul Reaver 2
Oh and a game called Metal Gear Solid 2

Not had chance to have much of a go, have to go out today but the first part of the demo is the same as the one with Z.O.E., get to the bridge and defeat Olga, then the mag says there is more.

Video Previews

Onimusha 2
Agent Under Fire
SSX Tricky
Mike Tyson Boxing
Kessen 2
ICO
Toca Race Driver

Reviews with scores

Ace Combat 7/10
Parappa The Rapper 7/10
Moto GP 2 7/10
Police 24/7 5/10
Salt Lake 2002 5/10
Centre Court 4/10
Monsters Inc 4/10
Legends Of Wrestling 5/10
Evil Twin 5/10
Magix music Maker 6/10
Space Race 5/10
Woody Woodpecker 3/10

That just leaves the review for Metal Gear Solid 2, so what do we think that got, well it is the official playstation 2 magazine so of course it received........... 10/10

I think this mag is in the shops on 29th Jan, next edition 22nd Feb with Demos of Herdy Gerdy and Dynasty Warriors 3. I will post more details on the MGS2 demo later if someelse does not beat me to it.
Fri 06/01/12 at 12:30
Regular
We are planning on doing the 3 (2.5) peaks

Meet at Hare and Hounds, abbey village for an 8.30am start.

Route will be, partially up great hill, through woods to White Coppice, Rivi, Winter Hill, Fast descent to Belmont, then up the back of darwen tower, before descending through the woods back to Abbey Village, approx 21/22 miles, should be back by 12ish as well

Cheers Si
Mon 28/01/02 at 21:08
Regular
"es argh"
adrian wrote:
> Badgerman wrote:
> So just let me get this straight, the MGS2 demo is in the
> JANUARY edition of
> OPSM2?

Nope the Febuary edition, which is the one on
> sale now. Its in a orange colour with either Snake or Raiden on the front of the
> magazine. The demo is the same as the one with Z.O.E, but with it all in
> english, and added touches to the demo. You also get past olga and get into the
> engine room, but its not too much more than the demo with Z.O.E.

Well I haven't played any demo or even seen any of it so I don't care as long as I get it, but since it has been a bit more updated then good for me
Mon 28/01/02 at 20:10
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
They have MGS2 all over the front of the cover, you can't miss it.

It is NOT the one with Headhunter on the front (last months issue)
Mon 28/01/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Badgerman wrote:
> So just let me get this straight, the MGS2 demo is in the JANUARY edition of
> OPSM2?

Nope the Febuary edition, which is the one on sale now. Its in a orange colour with either Snake or Raiden on the front of the magazine. The demo is the same as the one with Z.O.E, but with it all in english, and added touches to the demo. You also get past olga and get into the engine room, but its not too much more than the demo with Z.O.E.
Mon 28/01/02 at 20:01
Regular
"es argh"
So just let me get this straight, the MGS2 demo is in the JANUARY edition of OPSM2?
Mon 28/01/02 at 18:56
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Damn! Looks like SR were too busy sorting out these forums, and the orders from the weekend to update the GAD winners today.

I really want to see if I won. That way, if I don't, I can get working on my next review.

Ahh well, I'll probably find out tommorow.
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
CDouch wrote:
> I looked at your THPS3 and DMC reviews and they seem good, and worthy of a GAD
> win. Maybe SR didnt feel the same way, or probably a better review was posted on
> the same day. Keep trying, and churning out reviews of that quality and you will
> win one day soon.

Your reviews are long, with lots of information and detail
> and they dont drag on with boring lists, facts and figures.

Cheers for the info. I thought they were pretyy good, well if a better review won then thats alright, alls fair in love and GAD. Plus all this review writing is helping me write better. I've never really been the best person at english.
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Thanks CDouch.
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I dont know how SR feel about reviews quoting fro magazine reviews or suggesting to rent a game. But I think they are ok with it.

You have used good language and detail and have clearly described different modes etc. You also compared it with SSX tricky which gives some contrast. This is good as it may make people buy SP or check out SSX tricky, either way SR will make some money. Another thing is that you were hounest, you said it could be better and gave iy 7 out of 10. A lot of people just 100% praise the game then give it a 10/10.

I cant really give you any advice on improving. Just keep writing, keep trying and you will see your already great reviews becoming even greater.
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:13
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Any other advice for my review, other than don't say the E word?

We'll all find out if we won tommorow.

Good luck to everyone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.