GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Non-Olympic Olympic Sports"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/01/12 at 22:17
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
So, we're here. 2012! Home of what promises to be a fairly shoddy and memorable Olympic Games as it crosses over to London. I'm sure everyone who wanted tickets has probably got them (for different events than they wanted, sure, but can't be picky really).

So I want to ask around here what the people's opinion is on an issue that has literally got everyone in my office who's got nothing better to do (or plenty better to do and no motivation to do it) talking.

Non-Olympic Olympic sports.

That'd be stuff like football, tennis, dressage, shooting, equestrian...you know the sort. Either the ones where winning the Olympic Games is not the pinnacle of their sport (Football, Tennis) or those who take the proverbial with the word 'sport' (Dressage).

So would you rather the Olympics concentrate on the 'typical' track and field sports, or embrace more of the 'unusual' Olympic sports?

I have to say I'm torn. Whilst I'd be sad to see the Beach Volleyball cut from the Olympics, it's got to be said that the concentration should be more on the sports that rarely get the spotlight at times other than the Olympics.
Fri 06/01/12 at 19:21
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It's just become such a big thing to have darts included. The 'sport' itself is lorded by men who are fat and drink about 8 pints during playing.

Don't get me wrong it's fantastic to watch and fair play to them. I've been to a few of the world champ matches and it's a good night. But that is mainly because the whole event is a night out in a pub with an event going on. Albeit a large (theatre-like) pub, with fans...

But if darts is in, so is Bingo and Dominoes 'cos they are pub games too.
Fri 06/01/12 at 19:01
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I see the subtlety behind that didn't evade Warhunt ;)

You have something particularly against Darts as an Olympic sport? I know a few of the sports that have been rejected too. Machine Dance and Cuesports, to name two ;)
Fri 06/01/12 at 15:28
Regular
As long as everything gets ample coverage then I really don't mind

Looking forward to weightlifting, gymnastics and boxing
Fri 06/01/12 at 15:08
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
HighflyerVII wrote:

I have to say I'm torn. Whilst I'd be sad to see the Female Beach Volleyball cut from the Olympics, it's got to be said that the concentration should be more on the sports that rarely get the spotlight at times other than the Olympics.

Fixed that for you :)

I think I'm as happy/unhappy with the Olympics as I can be. I'm ok to just let it roll how it has been/is going to be whatever they decide to include. Except darts.
Thu 05/01/12 at 22:17
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
So, we're here. 2012! Home of what promises to be a fairly shoddy and memorable Olympic Games as it crosses over to London. I'm sure everyone who wanted tickets has probably got them (for different events than they wanted, sure, but can't be picky really).

So I want to ask around here what the people's opinion is on an issue that has literally got everyone in my office who's got nothing better to do (or plenty better to do and no motivation to do it) talking.

Non-Olympic Olympic sports.

That'd be stuff like football, tennis, dressage, shooting, equestrian...you know the sort. Either the ones where winning the Olympic Games is not the pinnacle of their sport (Football, Tennis) or those who take the proverbial with the word 'sport' (Dressage).

So would you rather the Olympics concentrate on the 'typical' track and field sports, or embrace more of the 'unusual' Olympic sports?

I have to say I'm torn. Whilst I'd be sad to see the Beach Volleyball cut from the Olympics, it's got to be said that the concentration should be more on the sports that rarely get the spotlight at times other than the Olympics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.