GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That's impressive!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/02/03 at 16:47
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2408

Spooky how there are no drivers, though! It's like Knight Rider... but not...
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:05
Regular
I think that even PGR seems slow, unless you view from the bumper, then it's much better!
Wed 05/02/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savat wrote One thing I miss that wasn't carried on from MSR is the races >taking place in the real time you race. It was great to have the chance >of choosing when to race certain events in the day or night. :-)

Thats the one thing I was thankful they got rid of! I was so boring always racing in Tokyo at night. Now the time of day and weather changes as you progess to higher difficulties.

On thing that makes PGR much better than MSR, for me is the sense of speed. Looking back the cars in MSR almost crawled around compared to some of the supercar beasts you can unlock later in the game.
Wed 05/02/03 at 18:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well going by the main gameplay, PGR is basically the same as MSR as its really the sequel. :-)

One thing I miss that wasn't carried on from MSR is the races taking place in the real time you race. It was great to have the chance of choosing when to race certain events in the day or night. :-)
Wed 05/02/03 at 13:30
Regular
PGR is better than MSR, although I didn't think so at first. If that makes sense.

I ahve about 6 Golds to get on PGR, then I've completed the Championship mode. Probably not going to bother with Medal Pursuit, to be honest...
Wed 05/02/03 at 00:32
Regular
MSR remains the best driving game i've ever played, saying that though i've never played PGR and if it's as good MSR was then it's one hell of a game.

I'm not the biggest driving fan but MSR managed to keep my concentration a hell of a lot longer than any other game of its type.
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Alastair wrote:
> There is so much to do on PGR and even now I still require 8 gold medals in Kudos Mode and I have a hoast of car colours to unlock in medal persuit mode.

Heh, I've only got 4 golds left to get. I totally agree with you and YH- I prefere PGR's gameplay but wookie has a point which I agree with. The street racing elements could be improved with more of them. They're not as exciting as real street racing is(I imagine). Personally my favourite types of levels are the cone challanges. Getting a gold in some of the higher arcade levels requires more skill than any other driving game i've played.

I havn't actually viewed the pics yet. Hope they're good!
Mon 03/02/03 at 19:02
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> I disagree, PGR is a DRIVING game, not a RACING game, and there's a
> HUGE difference.

I see your point, but I prefer racing. Cones and such are okay for license tests and so on, but I find it tedious to have so much of the game based around it.

I'm enjoying a friend's copy of Sega GT 2002 at the moment, but the handling pretty much sucks, and the cars too reflective - much like the pre-release GT3 models. I love the courses, though - even if there aren't enough of them - and I like the idea of the damage - although not visible - being paid for out of your race winnings. Taking photos during the replays is also a nice touch, but they're too small when viewing them to make them worthwhile.

> If you want to race against other cars, go play GT3...

I do - frequently! Still, for me, the best racing game available, on any platform, bar none.
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:09
Regular
*Pause Menu
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:08
Regular
Tip.

In PGR change the camera mode to "TV" in the pause mode, Now try driving (the graphics are sweet!)
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:03
Regular
PGR is by far the greatest Driving and Racing game I have ever played. Unlike GT3 PGR is actually interesting to play and every time I put the pad down I want to go back and play more. The car graphics in PGR were far greater than anything released before, however the environments were a different matter. After reading a few press releases and Previews the developers are working on making the environments as impressive as the cars.

I would like to see a lot more cars in PGR2 but not at the expense of car physics. There is so much to do on PGR and even now I still require 8 gold medals in Kudos Mode and I have a hoast of car colours to unlock in medal persuit mode. If the developers improve on what is already an amazing game I believe that PGR2 will set a new standard for video game racers. I can't wait for this game to be released and along with Halo 2, Dead or Alive 4 and Amped 2 this will be a definite sequel pre order when the game becomes available on the internet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.