GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many of you actualy use SR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 20:05
Regular
Just 4 curiosities sake I was wondering how many of you people actually r a member of special reserve and how many r users of the system.

Don't ask y. I'm just curious
Thu 17/01/02 at 10:54
Regular
"..."
I too buy from SR...but not very often as i don't buy much computer stuff.
Last time I did they got themselves 300 of my hard earned punds in exchange for a 20Gig Rioport Jukebox MP3 player. Smart piece of Kit...and somewhere to put my 18Gigs of MP3s that were clogging up my hard drive :)
Thu 17/01/02 at 10:47
Regular
"not dead"
I buy from SR, because thy have cheap prices.

Also, giving me free games makes me stay loyal to them.

That's why I pre-ordered my Gamecube from SR.
Thu 17/01/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
i've been a member at the bristol store since it opened
Thu 17/01/02 at 04:14
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
i think SR's free gifts are pants really. i buy both online and from the basildon and chelmsford stores as i'm in the middle. it all depends if i can be bothered to drive down there :)
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:52
Regular
"WWJD"
I'm actually a member
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yup, thats how I found them.
(Thank NOM for that SR..) Back page ad. All those NOW's are all burnt now though :o)

Need membership. No money. But, if the free gifts get amazing, then YEA! Im gonna.. Steal, or "Take/Borrow" money.
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've been a member since last July, I don't order on-line but I do buy in-store, and I participate in these forums and try to win GAD's! My membership's up next summer, and I WILL renew it. I only renew for one year at a time, so that I can get at least one free gift each year.
Wed 16/01/02 at 21:19
I have been a member for many years , but dont buy anything online. Just go down to Sr Chelmsford :)
Wed 16/01/02 at 20:21
People have so much 2 say here. Even on a small topic like this. It is really quite.......strange.
Tue 15/01/02 at 22:55
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I was a member waaaay back in 95, I think (give or take). Subscribed for several years... bought Megadrive stuff from SR... then N64 stuff later on... then I stopped renewing my membership. I read in th mag about freeola... signed up for that for the web service... eventually checked out the link to the special reserve website... and I've been here ever since. No longer needed the catalogue to check prices, so let my membership expire.

I'm currently a memeber.

That's because I ordered some rewritable CD's today, and it seems you have to join for a trial period to order stuff now. I'm sure I didn't have to when I ordered my hard drive last year ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.