GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/02 at 14:56
Regular
Can someone tell me why Flakes(chocolate bar) don't melt and just end up burning.

I know they melt eventually if you leave them out,but I want to know why they burn if you heat them up.

WHY?! WHYYYYYY!?
Tue 15/01/02 at 14:56
Regular
Can someone tell me why Flakes(chocolate bar) don't melt and just end up burning.

I know they melt eventually if you leave them out,but I want to know why they burn if you heat them up.

WHY?! WHYYYYYY!?
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:21
Regular
DOESNT ANYONE KNOW?!
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I guess not.
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Normal chocolate does not melt with direct heat, like any choc bar off the shelf. You have to get cooking chocolate.
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:37
Regular
"Acid Casual"
who cares?
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Mistyque obviously does
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:39
Regular
slave you are wrong cos dairy milk melts really easilly as with every other chocolate bar..except those bloody flakes...and i care!
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:39
I couldn't care less, but they taste really good, like all cadburies chocolate

CD
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Last time i melted a dairymilk it went all burned and pants.

Heres a handy tip for you:

Boil a saucepan of water, then stand a mug in it and put your flake in the mug. It will melt perfectly.
Tue 15/01/02 at 15:42
It's probably to do with the fact that the chocolate is wafer thin, so there is hardly any intermolecular forces holding them togather, so its melting point is alot lower than normal chocolate. This means that with the same amount of chocolate it takes to melt normal chocolate, it has allready melted and then evaporated!

There's some A-Level chemistry for you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.