GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"question to all you importers out there..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
Whats the compatibility like for having PAL and NTSC (both Jap and US) saves on a memory card?

I ask coz Im (hopefully) gonna get a Freeloader and get a US Animal Crossing and Jap Ikaruga and I wondered if I'd need a new card to save different regioned games on.

I really dont want to screw up my PAL saves.
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:53
"You love us!"
Just for the record.

http://forum.edge-online.com/ *space* viewtopic.php?t=48885&postdays=0&postorder *space* =asc&start=165

checout the above link. about have way down, written by some guy called Luke.

Read the thread. You are in the minority. most agree that you can save UK.US on same card, with 2nd needed for Jap.

You must be doing something wrong dude.
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:04
Regular
"the burning sky"
I am glad AC comes with its own memory card!! Can anyone confirm freeloader is only a disk cus i havent heard much on the subject! I cant wait for AC!
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:09
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I have two cubes; a PAL one and an american NTSC one. You CAN save both american and pal game saves on the same card, whatever WS says.
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:17
"You love us!"
I know that and it seems, 99% of the Edge Forum know that. As i say, it's more than likely a simple case of WS doing something wrong, or simply doesn't know how to do it. Which is not a bad thing. You live and learn.

Just because you don't know how to do something, and have to be told/shown buy someone else, isn't somethign to be ashamed of, the whole point of the gaming scene is to share the info and learn.
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:25
Regular
Like I said, I have all this stuff and it DOESN'T work

I can only say what I've expirenced.
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:30
"You love us!"
Glad to see that we've manged to bring the original question to such a conclusive end then. ;-)
Thu 06/02/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Aye, seems SMB 2 (US) and the rest of my PAL saves feel happy to share the same card....

Maybe it's the SHINY SHINY Q... :D
Thu 06/02/03 at 18:00
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I'm still not seeing anything to suggest being an arrogant S.O.B isn't a pre-requisite of owning a 'cube....
Thu 06/02/03 at 18:03
Regular
Maybe it's a shoddy 3rd party memory card
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Isnt Q a japan only thing so PAL/US saves on a card used in a Q be fecked as soon as its used in a Q?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.