GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"question to all you importers out there..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
Whats the compatibility like for having PAL and NTSC (both Jap and US) saves on a memory card?

I ask coz Im (hopefully) gonna get a Freeloader and get a US Animal Crossing and Jap Ikaruga and I wondered if I'd need a new card to save different regioned games on.

I really dont want to screw up my PAL saves.
Thu 06/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Whats the compatibility like for having PAL and NTSC (both Jap and US) saves on a memory card?

I ask coz Im (hopefully) gonna get a Freeloader and get a US Animal Crossing and Jap Ikaruga and I wondered if I'd need a new card to save different regioned games on.

I really dont want to screw up my PAL saves.
Thu 06/02/03 at 15:46
"You love us!"
I believe that you can save US and UK games on the same memory card, but Jap games need a separate memory card as they are formatted differently. Something to do with the character set involved, which when you think about it is rather obvious really.

UK/US = Standard English character set
JAP = Jap character set (duh!)

So you will only need two mem cards.

One for your UK and US games.
One for your Jap games.
Thu 06/02/03 at 15:49
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Cheers for the info..

I already have two cards (59'ers) - both are about 3 quarters full.
So what I'll do is get a MC 251 for my PAL/Us saves and use one of my 59's for Jap saves and have a spare card for emergancies.
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:02
Regular
No

Different card for every region.
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:05
"You love us!"
and that is based on?
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:07
Regular
The fact that I own a Q as well as PAL, NTSC US & JAP games and have expiremented with saving them on the same card.

The result everytime? I had to format the cards and lose everything on it.

So shut the hell up and don't question me.
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:12
"You love us!"
Whitestripes wrote:
> The fact that I own a Q as well as PAL, NTSC US & JAP games and
> have expiremented with saving them on the same card.
>
> The result everytime? I had to format the cards and lose everything on
> it.
>
>
> So shut the hell up and don't question me.

I will question who i choose, and when it is quite obviously such a indignate child such as yourself i think it is only right to question comments you make.

oh and 1 more questions for ya' big shot!

How are you running UK/US/JAP games on a Q? Or have you only been able to do this since freeloader. I guess you have a modded Q so you can switch between JAP and US, but how do you play UK games without FreeL.
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:15
Regular
I have a PAL Black GC as well.

And personnaly, I'm going to go with the fact that I've actually tried saving different region games on the same card over your poor guesswork.
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:48
"You love us!"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I have a PAL Black GC as well.
>
>
> And personnaly, I'm going to go with the fact that I've actually tried
> saving different region games on the same card over your poor
> guesswork.

Hmm, well there are a number of people over on the Edge Forum who would beg to differ matey. and all of people posting have UK/JAP/US cubes.

The general consensus is that UK/US on one card, Jap on a seperate one.

Also on the code junkies site, they make FL, it says in the FAQ that you have to have 1 US/UK mem card and 1 for Jap!

I would suggest that you a) are doing something wrong. or B) the Q is the random factor in the chain as all of these other who have no problem sharing UK/US saves on the same card don't have a Q.

But if i said that, you'l prolly hit the roof again, so i won't ;-)
Thu 06/02/03 at 16:50
Regular
US AC save
Saved PAL Die Hard

Result = Made to format

US AC save
Saved JAP Zelda

Result = Made to format

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.