GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Truth"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/01/02 at 11:29
Regular
A lot of you have been saying that I am Shaneo aka Firebalt, and here is the truth.

I am Shaneo.

But wait, before you shout at me - I would like to say something.

I copied as Shaneo and Firebalt and I really regret it, so I decided to get away from the pressure and never copy again or go into "copy rehabilitation", if you like. The GAD's I have won are not copied and I plan to never copy again. My name is Shaun, I go to Boswells School in Chelmsford, Esssex and now you know the truth.

I have made some great friends, such as Dan2k1, Er-No, Grix, Pb etc and I hope that this won't affect our friendship.

Here's how I decieved you:

I talked all that French with Altavista Translator, all those Lyrics were posted from a lyrics site and those pictures of my "girlfriend" were taken from a dating website. Also, I do not play electric guitar, nor do I have one (I plan to) - therefore, I do not play gigs.

In reply to this topic, please do not post "I knew he was Shaneo" or anything similar, as I want to start a fresh slate, write some excellent posts and make friends.

Thanks for reading.
Shaun.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok I have a question for Sally, Salevaa, Shaun, Shaneo. Whatever we have to call you now.
Question is Why?

Why did you go to all the bother of creating a new identity for yourself? Telling porky pies to everyone who talked to you and now only telling the truth because someone found you out. Seems a bit strange to me.

Also you have been banned numerous times by SR, whos to say you aren't going to register another name and try cheat to win again? You can't really just promise as I'm not sure how many people on here will trust you that much anymore.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:34
Regular
monkey_man wrote:

"You run into the jungle and grow hair on your face and back. That's what I did anyway."

I don't really see how that helps anything. Would be cool, though.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:29
Regular
Damn...You told me you were doing A-levels!

I can understand where you coming from though. If people are prepared to change then they should be given a second chance.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Grix Thraves wrote:
monkey_man, don't be so harsh. These forums are for escape, and if you
> mess up your only escape, then what happens?

You run into the jungle and grow hair on your face and back. That's what I did anyway.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:13
Regular
Yeah. He lied to all of us, but I forgive him. Ain't I generous? Cos Shaneo is an alright guy.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I am a bit annoyed as I did ask you a few times on MSN and you lied straight to my face. But hey I can firgive and forget it's not as if you are the first person to do something like this and you ain't going to be the last. Only problem is you will lose a lot of trust from people.
Sun 13/01/02 at 11:59
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"How do I know that everyone who has posted below me aren't just alternative versions of you?"

Do you think that is humanely possible? My cookies would have to be running at frequent-flier miles to Europe right now!

"How would I know if this whole forum wasn't made up and I was the only person who really existed?"

You wouldn't know - like I could be a pre-programmed bot right now.

"And what kind of person goes around telling lies about themselves? Would you do it to a stranger in the street?"

It was a selfish act - but I am addicted to these forums. It's like a drug.
Sun 13/01/02 at 11:58
Regular
i ment monkey man
Regular
Well done for admiting, but if it matters anywhat I knew anyway. Making a fresh start is good for people, and didn't really want to take that away from you.

monkey_man, don't be so harsh. These forums are for escape, and if you mess up your only escape, then what happens?
Regular
what your problem?! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.