GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you talk to animals?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/02 at 14:44
Regular
Why is it that people think you're mad or have something missing when you talk to your cat or dog?

I know that the animal doesn't have the intellect to learn a whole different species' language, and so they probably don't know what you're talking about - but get this: the animal talks to us too!! In fact the reason we talk back to them is because they talk to us in the first place!

Scenario:

"Meooow!"

"Shut up"

"Meooooow! Meeeowwwww!

"What do you want?"

"Meeow?"

"Do you want food?"

"Meoooww!!"

>Opens can of canned yuck, spoons into bowl, places down for cat<

"Eat it then!"

"Meeoooww"

"Look, I've you've asked for food, now eat it!"

"Meeow.."

>Cat starts to walk off<

"Come back and eat your food!"

>Picks up cat, places on front of food, cat walks off< x 3

"Meeoooooooaaaaoooaaaaaoww"

"Oh meooww to you too"

"Meeooow"

"Meeooow"

"Meooooooow!

>Cat starts eating food<

Scenario ends, confusion epidemic complete...

Now, do you think that other cats/animals tell each other or laugh when they see another animal/cat talking to a human? Would they say something like "Meeoowwwwwgrrrr rssssss sqssuaaaowwwwww >low pitch growling<" which would of course translate to
"They can't understand you, go catch a mouse or eat some grass you stupid thing" ?

Do you talk to your pet? Does it talk to you?

Anyway,

Meeow
Sat 12/01/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Mole Hole"
Haha. That made me laugh. Good post.
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:00
Ive got a budgie, i called it sky, and you know how they say if you talk to your budgie it will pick it up and soon say it ... like hello or its name, but however long ive spent talking to mine, it just bickers back! What makes it worse is that some people own bugdies which know lullaby's when mine cant even imitate the phone ringing!
Budgies sure do make the most noise but i spose they are kool when your in the house on your own!
He tweets along with the music which is so funny, and even bobs up and down to it occasionally!
He is a sweet thing though ... :p
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:44
Regular
Yup i talk to Bob and Bob talks to me
Bob Rocks
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:46
Regular
"smile, it's free"
"woof"

"What's that lassie? Jimmy has fallen down the old abandoned mine shaft?"

"woof"

"There's a twenty foot length of rope and an old pulley system nearby?"
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:48
Regular
My cat said "cucumber" to me once.

I didn't reply. I wish I had now.
Sat 12/01/02 at 18:22
Cucumber eh Grix?

*smiles* at VenomByte's post...

Just waiting for that reply "You're an idiot, animals can't talk back"

Which will probably follow this post...
Sat 12/01/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yea, course.

Like, my dog goes

*Scratch Scratch* (On the door)

I say "DAMMIT DOG YOU WENT OUT LIKE 2 MINUTES AGO"

She just looks at me.

I say, "Hmm, ok"

My dog said..

"Woof" to me once.. I should of replied :oP (Aimed at Grixy)
Sat 12/01/02 at 19:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
My dog's like that too. She scratches at the door as soon as you let her in/out. It annoys us all when she does it, especially my dad!

Did you know you can get these doorbell things that your dogs uses??? You put it where your dog scratches the door, it scratches, you open the door, and the wood stays on the door! My mum's thinking of getting one. It'd be annoying if it kept scratching all night long though, "DING DONG!!!, DING DONG!!!"...or..."BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!"
Sat 12/01/02 at 19:34
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Carlsberg don't make dogs, but if they did, they would probably be the best dogs in the world.
Sat 12/01/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh, doorbell. My dog would scratch it for fun :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.