GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you talk to animals?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/02 at 14:44
Regular
Why is it that people think you're mad or have something missing when you talk to your cat or dog?

I know that the animal doesn't have the intellect to learn a whole different species' language, and so they probably don't know what you're talking about - but get this: the animal talks to us too!! In fact the reason we talk back to them is because they talk to us in the first place!

Scenario:

"Meooow!"

"Shut up"

"Meooooow! Meeeowwwww!

"What do you want?"

"Meeow?"

"Do you want food?"

"Meoooww!!"

>Opens can of canned yuck, spoons into bowl, places down for cat<

"Eat it then!"

"Meeoooww"

"Look, I've you've asked for food, now eat it!"

"Meeow.."

>Cat starts to walk off<

"Come back and eat your food!"

>Picks up cat, places on front of food, cat walks off< x 3

"Meeoooooooaaaaoooaaaaaoww"

"Oh meooww to you too"

"Meeooow"

"Meeooow"

"Meooooooow!

>Cat starts eating food<

Scenario ends, confusion epidemic complete...

Now, do you think that other cats/animals tell each other or laugh when they see another animal/cat talking to a human? Would they say something like "Meeoowwwwwgrrrr rssssss sqssuaaaowwwwww >low pitch growling<" which would of course translate to
"They can't understand you, go catch a mouse or eat some grass you stupid thing" ?

Do you talk to your pet? Does it talk to you?

Anyway,

Meeow
Sat 12/01/02 at 14:44
Why is it that people think you're mad or have something missing when you talk to your cat or dog?

I know that the animal doesn't have the intellect to learn a whole different species' language, and so they probably don't know what you're talking about - but get this: the animal talks to us too!! In fact the reason we talk back to them is because they talk to us in the first place!

Scenario:

"Meooow!"

"Shut up"

"Meooooow! Meeeowwwww!

"What do you want?"

"Meeow?"

"Do you want food?"

"Meoooww!!"

>Opens can of canned yuck, spoons into bowl, places down for cat<

"Eat it then!"

"Meeoooww"

"Look, I've you've asked for food, now eat it!"

"Meeow.."

>Cat starts to walk off<

"Come back and eat your food!"

>Picks up cat, places on front of food, cat walks off< x 3

"Meeoooooooaaaaoooaaaaaoww"

"Oh meooww to you too"

"Meeooow"

"Meeooow"

"Meooooooow!

>Cat starts eating food<

Scenario ends, confusion epidemic complete...

Now, do you think that other cats/animals tell each other or laugh when they see another animal/cat talking to a human? Would they say something like "Meeoowwwwwgrrrr rssssss sqssuaaaowwwwww >low pitch growling<" which would of course translate to
"They can't understand you, go catch a mouse or eat some grass you stupid thing" ?

Do you talk to your pet? Does it talk to you?

Anyway,

Meeow
Sat 12/01/02 at 14:47
when i feed my cat it makes a prurp squecky sound.
its wierd, but cute
Sat 12/01/02 at 14:47
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
LOL! No, seriously I did LOL!

Great post. As for talking to animals, I think my exact convesation is what you just posted!
Sat 12/01/02 at 14:49
TomUK wrote:
> LOL! No, seriously I did LOL!

Great post. As for talking to animals, I think
> my exact convesation is what you just posted!

:)

That made me smile, thanks for reading
Sat 12/01/02 at 15:12
"High polygon count"
I used to talk to my cat Buster as if he was a little brother!
Sat 12/01/02 at 15:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I used to be able to make cat noises. I would speak to a cat with my cat noise and he would come to me every time. Then my voice broke.
Sat 12/01/02 at 15:19
"High polygon count"
Try placing your testicles in a vice and tighten it slowly - you should eventually find just the right amount of grip to acheive that perfect pitch once again.
Sat 12/01/02 at 15:20
I can do that screech growl.

Great stuff :)
Sat 12/01/02 at 15:23
"slightlyshortertagl"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Try placing your testicles in a vice and tighten it slowly - you should
> eventually find just the right amount of grip to acheive that perfect pitch once
> again.

Personally i think women might have trouble doing that.............
Sat 12/01/02 at 16:44
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I talk to my dog, but not in a conversation kind of thing, just to wind her up and make her race around the house or play footie with me. She just barks back but it sometimes sounds like words?? She's ok at footie and she CANNOT feel pain!! Unless of course my dad hurts her or something! She's terriffied of him! She comes to me to protect her from him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.