GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you talk to animals?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/02 at 14:44
Regular
Why is it that people think you're mad or have something missing when you talk to your cat or dog?

I know that the animal doesn't have the intellect to learn a whole different species' language, and so they probably don't know what you're talking about - but get this: the animal talks to us too!! In fact the reason we talk back to them is because they talk to us in the first place!

Scenario:

"Meooow!"

"Shut up"

"Meooooow! Meeeowwwww!

"What do you want?"

"Meeow?"

"Do you want food?"

"Meoooww!!"

>Opens can of canned yuck, spoons into bowl, places down for cat<

"Eat it then!"

"Meeoooww"

"Look, I've you've asked for food, now eat it!"

"Meeow.."

>Cat starts to walk off<

"Come back and eat your food!"

>Picks up cat, places on front of food, cat walks off< x 3

"Meeoooooooaaaaoooaaaaaoww"

"Oh meooww to you too"

"Meeooow"

"Meeooow"

"Meooooooow!

>Cat starts eating food<

Scenario ends, confusion epidemic complete...

Now, do you think that other cats/animals tell each other or laugh when they see another animal/cat talking to a human? Would they say something like "Meeoowwwwwgrrrr rssssss sqssuaaaowwwwww >low pitch growling<" which would of course translate to
"They can't understand you, go catch a mouse or eat some grass you stupid thing" ?

Do you talk to your pet? Does it talk to you?

Anyway,

Meeow
Sun 13/01/02 at 21:26
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
my aunts got a parote that talks a bit, but he's a bit aggressive.
Sun 13/01/02 at 19:04
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm trying to teach my cat that "jump up" actually means I want her to jump up. But she's 14 years old, and you know what they say, you can't teach an old dog (cat) new tricks

Other than that, I talk to her all the time, she usually just gives me hacky looks though

And that scene with the food is SO true!
Sun 13/01/02 at 18:32
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
My dog and I understand each other by nodding a certain amount of times.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:02
Regular
heh,i've got this mate who taught his dog to only understand german and now his mum cant control it!

hur hur...well it was funny when..oh forget it,it was a you had to be there kinda jokes.
Sat 12/01/02 at 22:55
VenomByte wrote:
> Carlsberg don't make dogs, but if they did, they would probably be the best dogs
> in the world.

heh nice one.

Leeds Newcastle on at the moment and not a talking cat in sight.
Sat 12/01/02 at 21:30
my hamster talks to me occasionally when he is eating his food
Sat 12/01/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Whatever!"
My dog is annoying!! He can almost talk you know!!
Sat 12/01/02 at 20:13
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
My dog scratches the door as soon as I let her in or out aswell. I think its something the dogs have evolved over the thousands of years, just to annoy humans.
Sat 12/01/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Digging!"
interessting.
Sat 12/01/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh, doorbell. My dog would scratch it for fun :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.