GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mmmm I might go to anti-war march"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/02/03 at 21:34
Regular
Tomorrow in Glasgow

I had a work thing put its been put off a day... doubt mates would want to go.

So that means me on my own I guess... might go early, buy some guitar strings and a CD or two.

Now for the Book Group
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:40
Regular
"^_^"
Yes, but the aftermath will also not be a good thing. How long will it last? World War 3 with Iraq and North Korea had better not be on the cards. For I would not like to witness such a horrific time in the History of your planet. I cannot imagine my friends being killed, my school getting blown up, my family getting moved into "safe areas".
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:37
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
But less people unemployed and more jobs. More work in rebuilding. More industrial growth. Access to Iraqs oil fields. etc. etc. etc.
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Emeralda - It won't be Blairs fault. It will be our fault for voting him in and then not standing up for the things we believe in. The people always have the power of numbers and we should learn that it is in our interest to join together when something is so important
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:34
Regular
"^_^"
After America goto War with Iraq, they will be in debt. They are the most hated country in the world because they try and police the world. All I can hope for is that Tony Blair keeps his head down.
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:32
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Germany armed themselves. We armed Iraq. We ask them where the weapons are and they say 'I dunno'. Doesn't mean we go and kill people. I suspect there are reasons for this war that we will never know about. Just one thing - wars are great for sorting out a weak economy.
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Raised from oblivio"
consumer58 wrote:
> Parr & Em - Then he's already won and we should all accept that
> democracy has nothing to do with the voice of the people.
> Your argument of 'it won't make any difference so why bother'
> illustrates my point perfectly. How do you know? Surely some things
> are important enough to get you on the move. Remember Germany in the
> 30s? Look what the apathy of the population led to then.

Yes you are right, people should stand up and be counted and I'm not saying not to bother. I just think Blaire needs to be booted out. Hes the main problem here. I hope peaceful tactics work, like going on anti-war walks, becuase if they don't I can see a civil war breaking out in this country. Not only because of the war but also because of other issues, such as the law, hospital care and taxes and pay (fireman, teachers etc). People will only take so much before they snap and something nasty happens and it will all be blaires fault.
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:25
Regular
"^_^"
At least we are doing something about Iraq arming themselves. We sat there and watched Germany do it and that led to World War II. We do not live in a democracy really, we only vote for that person, we do not vote for his every decision!
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:21
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Parr & Em - Then he's already won and we should all accept that democracy has nothing to do with the voice of the people.
Your argument of 'it won't make any difference so why bother' illustrates my point perfectly. How do you know? Surely some things are important enough to get you on the move. Remember Germany in the 30s? Look what the apathy of the population led to then.
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Raised from oblivio"
Parr wrote:
> Tony Blair will not be removed from Bush's pocket. Not even if the
> whole country marches. War is inevitable. Not just with Iraq, we have
> North Korea to worry about as well. But nothing scares me, the
> "mighty" USA will not hesitate to nuke anyone they see fit,
> they do not need permission and even if they do, they will goto war
> with the world if they have to. War is on the cards, no-one can stop
> it.

I hope you are wrong. I personally never ever want to live in a time when a nuke has been used in a war. I'm just so afraid that if something like that starts it just won't stop untill everything is dead. Its just so easy to push a button amd wipe millions of people and plant and animals. So easy that you would even feel that guilty and so you would keep doing it to anyone who got on your nerves. I am not afraid of anything in this world exept Nuclear weapons. Its just total destruction. I'm not afraid to die myself, but knowing that everything around me would be destroyed as well and even the Earth would be made barren, chills me to the very core.
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Raised from oblivio"
consumer58 wrote:
> if 90% of the population marched
> today I bet you Phoney Blair would sit up and listen. Apathy is how
> they get away with these things.....'so long as I'm alright I don't
> mind thousands of innocents being slaughtered!' - its pathetic.

Are you kidding, even if 100% of people marched right up to his house and told him personally what they thought he still wouldn't listen.

I'm not saying don't bother standing up for what you believe in, I just think that people should be trying to get him out, because while hes there it doesn't matter what people want, he will always do as he likes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.