GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unite all haters of THE SIMS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims - Deluxe Edition'.
Sun 16/02/03 at 19:16
Regular
The Sims stinks. It is tedious, rubbish, boring, monotonous, illogical, strange and full of mindless gibberish that sounds like French being spoken like a Dutch mule on cocaine. The only good things you can do on it usually involve 'lawbreaking'. So why do people (mostly women I'd guess) play it?
Tue 18/02/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Killing them is the only fun part of the game. Some lunatic has put up a post up callimg for 'lovers of the sims to unite'. Stupid Hippie. Post a few messages on the board telling the mug how wrong they have been!
Tue 18/02/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Have you never even liked the game? Not even a little bit?
I think its an ok game, I dont see what the big deal with it is but I don't hate it.
Tue 18/02/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I liked it for a few days. Haven't you read the other posts, dude? If you hate the Sims you are VERY WELCOME in this thread. Do not ignore the tedium of the game. UNITE!
Wed 19/02/03 at 09:01
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
der nazi wrote:
> I did have The Sims, Hobbo, but I got rid of it after a week because
> it is the worst game I have ever played!

Rot, if The Sims is the worst game you have ever played then your gaming experience must be severely low.
Wed 19/02/03 at 11:06
"For the horde!!!!"
the sims is proberly interesting to start with but geting boring soon after, my mate (a lad ho ho) installed sims on the college computers (naughty boy heh) and was showing the rest of us how to build a house and raise a family then we got bored so he tried to set the house on fire which didn't work :( then I said stuff this whos for a game of Quake 3.
*dreams of Quake 3 frag fests*
oh they were the days, half the class blasting each other on Quake 3 while the stupied teacher dosn't even know heh.
Wed 19/02/03 at 11:09
"Darkness, always"
I think you need to check those testosterone levels mate.

I've said it before, and I'll likely say it again. Sims was original and brilliant, but the franchise got out of hand and it became irritating.

A lot of people discount it without playing it because it's too different to what they normally play, which is nothing short of sad.

I wouldn't play this game now, but I did when it was released, and I probably spent a total of about 40-50 hours before I got bored of it, which is more than some final fantasy games.
Wed 19/02/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
If you like The Sims, that's OK, enjoy the game and be happy. But, if you hate The Sims, just shut up about it and play something else instead of going on about how much you hate it all the time.
Simple really.
Wed 19/02/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Well said.
Wed 19/02/03 at 15:18
Regular
I agree it is amazingly boring andalthe game is about is you watching a family living their lives while you sit down when you could be doing something more productive. its just living a life but you ruin your eyes and waste your money whle your doing it.
Wed 19/02/03 at 15:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't like the Sims, but one thing I hate about the game is the way EA market it. 6 expansion packs (5 out now, and one more on it's way) which do expand in certain areas to an extent, but really add nothing to the game on a whole. I'm keen to see just how many of these expansion packs EA can force on on it's legions of fans before they start to get sick of the game.

When then happens, along comes The sims 2, which is basically the original Sims, but with improved graphics and a few tweaks here and there. The for the next decade, nothing but expansion packs for the game until The Sims 3 comes along. A typical EA strategy.

The trouble is, it's a game with potential to be allot more than an interactive doll house, but I don't think EA will push the game any father, especially when it could jeopardize future sales, because as most of know, EA are only in it for the money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.