GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"oi!pleasestoppit!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/02 at 16:41
Regular
wot is it wiv all these newbees postinng uter rubbish? I personally fink its so they can get there post and word coutn up enough to be regulers.

i cant wait till I'm a reguler. then i can be one of the ones who always posts retarded replys to those newbees and always moans at them. i'll be clearly superior to all newbies, so i'll have the right to do that. i'll be able to decide what counts as spam and what doesnt. my dire speeling woant be moaned at any more, at least if i moan at the newbe spammers all teh time anyway. if i start a wierd tpoic then itll be humerous and not spam!

it's almost like ill be magically trnasformed as soon as i become a regular, like the rest of u!

i cnat wait!!!!!11111112222222
Sat 12/01/02 at 12:18
Regular
"699 days!"
VenomByte wrote:

Again, I must
> point out that this isn't addressed to all of the people here, as the majority
> give newbies a chance, or only comment when a border has been clearly crossed,
> but there are quite a few of you who don't.##

I, 100%, agree with this statement
Sat 12/01/02 at 12:14
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It appears a few people missed my point here. It's a point I want to be made, so I'll explain now.

My point wasn't that newbies post rubbish, but that many of the regulars here are very quick to slate newbies, without giving much thought at all to the content of their posts.

About four seconds after people turn regular, they will start running around labelling every non-serious or short newbie thread as spam.

That's well out of order. It's not smart, it's not clever, and it doesn't make the forums a better place. Some people assume the right to have a go at newbies simply because they've been here longer. What gives them the right to judge so quickly and so harshly?

I'm not saying spam never occurs, but isn't hopping into a thread and saying 'this is spam' a waste of space? Or do you people like to feel superior to someone?

Again, I must point out that this isn't addressed to all of the people here, as the majority give newbies a chance, or only comment when a border has been clearly crossed, but there are quite a few of you who don't.
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:48
Regular
$lik wrote:
not really?
slik ~_~

thats not a question
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:44
Regular
"DS..."
Mystique wrote:
> One Eyed Snake wrote:
wiv
newbees

Doesnt anyone else think that the
> "one eyed snake"(lol and ew) is Goatboy?

not really?
slik ~_~
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:41
Regular
One Eyed Snake wrote:
wiv
newbees

Doesnt anyone else think that the "one eyed snake"(lol and ew) is Goatboy?
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
That's a very good point Tiltawhirl.
Wed 09/01/02 at 23:18
Regular
½pint wrote:

I admit, I do pick on newbies. But if they
> are first time offenders, I always tell them what not to do. However, in cases
> like Pocket Rocket, who is a repeat offender, with about 20 spam topics across
> the forums, he needs to be put in his place.

You've only been here 43 days yourself, you're not exactly a seasoned regular.
Wed 09/01/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
spam topic
Wed 09/01/02 at 22:34
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
*slave2games appears from the shadows*

Salevaa? I...am your father
Wed 09/01/02 at 22:24
Ok, thanks for the tips guys. I'll try to learn, but I might have to ask a few questions.

What is irony?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.