GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What book you readin?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/01/02 at 21:35
Regular
Just tell me the name of the book and author if you like.
Tue 08/01/02 at 15:28
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I'm reading 'Spot goes to the seaside'. Although I have to admit some of the longer words are giving me some trouble.
Tue 08/01/02 at 18:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
VenomByte wrote:
> I'm currently reading Lord Of The Rings. I decided I had to read the book before
> I saw the film.... an excuse to start reading one of those books which I've
> always said I'll get around to reading someday. Next up is War and Peace.. or
> Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, if I can find either.

LoTR is quite good
> actually. Lots of action for such a large book. Seems a little unplanned, but
> that keeps the plot suprising, I guess. I'm currently a few chapters into the
> third volume. I should have read this years ago.

Apparently he didn't plan the book at all, just sat down and wrote it. I've just finished it myslef, well, a few months ago. I'm now reading Pyramids by Terry Pratchett.
Tue 08/01/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im still trying to get into The Lord of the Rings - Im just finding it difficult going though!!
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:45
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, Jess is currently forcing LotR down my throat...I really should read it, don't know how many more times I can stand being hit with the hardback edition of all three books..
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:48
Regular
"¬_¬"
I'm reading 'Quest for Lost Heroes' by David Gemmell. He's a great fantasy writer; if you like LOTR, you'll like Gemmells books. In fact, I think a new topic is coming on.
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:34
i didnt know id be the only 1 reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher`s Stone
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:37
I don't read books that much. But i am reading Schindler's List at the mo. It is great!

Notice how most people read film books :)
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:40
day of the triffids, and albert camus' "the outsider"
supposed to be reading middlemarch for uni though...
Tue 08/01/02 at 22:22
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Firestarter - Stephen King

Only just started though
Tue 08/01/02 at 22:45
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Adventures in the Screen Trade by William Goldman. Totally brilliant, particularly like the last section where he takes a short story of his and works it through into a screen play. Next bit is the various department heads of the film crew commenting on how they'd handle the script if they were to make it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.