GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mech Assault Downloads !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 19:10
Regular
Well it looks like the long wait is over for all you fans of online Mech Assault play. By the looks of it, the downloads are due tomorrow (Thursday 20th), so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. ;-)
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Chin up Mantis, maybe oneday things will turn out right and you'll be on LIVE. :-)
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Levels sound good.

But not for me untill Xbox Live. Which looks like never.
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:16
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
The new mechs suck totally in Destruction, but in team destruction last night me and another guy, both in Ravens, backed by two Heavy Mechs, made total trash out of larger mechs by working together. Two invisible, fast moving, mechs constanty hammering fire into a madcat/Ragnarok works well.

I think we have to bear in mind that both the new mechs will be pretty excellent at CTF.

Of the new levels, I don't like Hell's Kitchen as it's too tempting just to sit on the higher ground at the edges, but the new arctic one is good, having said that this is all free stuff so it's all good :)

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 20/02/03 at 20:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And the Sav verdict on the downloads is...

Raven
A good little mech, you'll need to use the invisibility though as a couple of decent hits is enough to see you disappea in a cloud of smoke.

Corvus
Utter crud overall. The jets are decent, but with the same indurance as the Raven, your doomed to die when your completely visable the whole time.

Hells Kitchen
Good map, some nice parts in the area you can use to your advantage in taking out opponents and its nice to run around in. A pretty tactical map. :-)

Stone Cold
In my opinion, this is the second best map you can play on. A nice snowy arena with plenty of power ups and a good layout. This is only beaten by River City. ;-)

So overall we're still waiting for the Capture the Flag mode and I hope we see 1 or 2 more mechs as well - preferably heavy ones so there are some new additions that can compete with the likes of the Mad Cat.
Thu 20/02/03 at 12:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tóm wrote:
> Christ, 1741 blocks for Hell Kitchen
> 343 blocks for Raven
> 2102 blocks for Stone Cold
> 345 blocks for Corvus
>
> These downloads aren't small...

Nope not small. 8mb is 502 blocks. Will probably get in soon and download them.
Thu 20/02/03 at 11:46
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Christ, 1741 blocks for Hell Kitchen
343 blocks for Raven
2102 blocks for Stone Cold
345 blocks for Corvus

These downloads aren't small...
Thu 20/02/03 at 11:45
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The content is there! Woo!
Thu 20/02/03 at 11:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Well, when I tried to connect to live on Mech Assault, it MADE me download a required update, maybe this has something to do with it.

Let's see then...
Thu 20/02/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The content is suppose to be out 12am PST so it should be out now for us UK gamers. Heard a few rumours that the content oncve downloaded doesnt allow you to join any games. Maybe this is due to every body needing the content to play the same game, and if its only just released then its unlikely everyone will have it.

Will try to get the content in a few hours before I go to Uni, hopefully it will be up and working.
Thu 20/02/03 at 02:13
"Lemon eyewash"
Belldandy wrote:
> Hurrah, haven't been on Live! for two weeks now, too busy :(
>
> And Dark Angel is out this week :) Yes, it's not the best of games,
> but I like the show, and I liked the Buffy game, and the EGM review
> was pretty decent too, and there has been nothing worth buying SINCE
> DECEMBER.
>
> I actually have money to spare, which shows how bad the games
> situation is....and whatsmore about £200 sitting in the bank
> because Tiscali Broadband don't seem all that interested in taking any
> payment for the modem, and line rental, since November.....
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

hey i'm looking to get dark angel to mate and i just got buffy the other day too :) both my fave shows.

i got a small games list forming, about 1-2 games each month by the looks of it, no where near as mad as Sav's list hehe but hey when i get a job soonish i'll be saving for a new car so gotta split the cash fair aint i ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.