GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mech Assault Downloads !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 19:10
Regular
Well it looks like the long wait is over for all you fans of online Mech Assault play. By the looks of it, the downloads are due tomorrow (Thursday 20th), so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. ;-)
Wed 26/02/03 at 20:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think you just need to play the game offline - its not really that mental and I DID throw you into the thick of it on your first go. ;-))
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:26
"Lemon eyewash"
shame i find the game a tad to mental :(
Sun 23/02/03 at 22:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah the stats on Mech Assault seem to be deleted like every month. Which is a good thing because that way it doesn't matter when you bought the game - you can still aim for the top of the board one month.
Still a big challenge to do so of course because there are a good 1000+ anoraks that play the game 24/7 without needing to eat or drink.
Great online game though. :-)
Sun 23/02/03 at 09:27
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I'm not getting any connection losses however, I checked the stats boards for Mech Assault and......all my old stats are gone, only stats I have are from when I played AFTER using the update, which is kinda good because I sucked badly to begin with, in fact after playing against Savatt on Friday I realise I'm still pretty cr@p, but hey, its fun.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:18
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Is anyone else getting dropped when the game starts a lot?

I played for about 30mins today, and only managed one 15 minute game. All the other times, the game didn't start. This was because of either:

1) Me being dropped from the game. Standard "connection lost" error.
2) Me not even being to join the lobby. Standard "host not responding" error.
3) Other players being dropped, even if I wasn't. This meant teams were very unfair, and the host quit the game when it started.

It's starting to get very annoying! It doesn't happen on Moto GP, either. Never used to happen on Mech Assault, but it seems to be getting worse.

This better not be a representation of what all the games will be like - or I might just not renew my subscription come March 2004.
Sat 22/02/03 at 18:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mantis wrote:
> Who knows.
>
> I can get ADSL in my area at the moment, but not cable. Which is
> infureating as if I lived 200 metres down the road I would be able to
> get NTL.
>
> My parents are considering moving house so mabye i'll move somewhere
> with cable. Then Xbox Live might become a reality.

Why dont you get ADSL then? ADSL is probably better than NTL cable as NTL have introduced 1GB a day limits to there services. ADSL is cheap as most places are charging less than £25 with only the big names like BT and Freeserve charging more. Other ISPs charge less, I pay £23.44 per month which is good. Some are even less.
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
My mate across the road has an xbox, and he said his dad was mumbling something about broadband.

If he gets it then I might get to have a few goes on Xbox Live.
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Exactly. :-) Keep those fingers crossed mate - I'm sure it'll work out well in the end. :-)
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:04
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Who knows.

I can get ADSL in my area at the moment, but not cable. Which is infureating as if I lived 200 metres down the road I would be able to get NTL.

My parents are considering moving house so mabye i'll move somewhere with cable. Then Xbox Live might become a reality.
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:01
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Hoho. Yeah...

On your Xbox 3 in 10 years time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.