GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let's make a stand!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 20:17
Regular
What we should do on the SR chat-forums, is createa 'no-go' area. This would include topics which shouldn't be spoken about, e.g. boring topics, tried-tested-and-failed topics, and anything to do with stuff which should be in other forums, e.g. "ash+misty"?, shouldn't that be in the Pokemon section? Anyway, I need all of the guys who care to place their votes now! I know you are out there because the people who come to this forum are level-headed individuals.
Sun 06/01/02 at 22:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ant wrote:
Should I be banned?

Without question. :-D
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:05
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I wonder what made him take the time to post that question mark...
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
slave2games wrote:
> Ant wrote:
"But the point I'm making is, should I stop doing it? It was
> just a laugh, a bit of fun, and it seemed to get quite a few replies-ie. people
> liked it. There's nothing wrong with a few fun, pointless topics. Hell, look at
> this forum now. There's nothing but pointless topics."

NO, I mean if
> you write a pointless post/topic, and the people like it, then that's ok. But,
> for instance, if I made a topic saying my 5 fave Gamecube games, and a couple of
> people wrote in it; then suddenly, someone comes along and says "the
> Gamecube is crap, my PS2 is way better, don't you guys agree", then that is
> annoying. You see?

Yeah, I see your point. Some pointless posts are funny, some are just stupid.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:59
Regular
"¬_¬"
outlaw_uk2002 wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> On the subject of banning people for pointless
> topics...

I've posted a few
> pointless topics in my time. For
> instance, I posted something about pork balls
> on here a few weeks ago,
> just for a laugh.

Should I be banned?

------

No, (watch me suck up) as
> it was probably funny, witty and a wonderful addition to the forums. Take
> Pocket Rocket for example. He wrote a thread which was entitled -"Top 5
> PS1 Games" - note not PSone - and all he added was three question marks.
> Should he be banned?

Yes (or fore-warned).

-----------------

Umm, you are wrong, in his top 5 PS1 games topic, he added one question mark, not three. A record topic; ONE CHARACTER LONG!!!!! wow, I wish my IQ was at his level. Heh heh:)
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:59
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ant wrote:
"But the point I'm making is, should I stop doing it? It was just a laugh, a bit of fun, and it seemed to get quite a few replies-ie. people liked it. There's nothing wrong with a few fun, pointless topics. Hell, look at this forum now. There's nothing but pointless topics."

NO, I mean if you write a pointless post/topic, and the people like it, then that's ok. But, for instance, if I made a topic saying my 5 fave Gamecube games, and a couple of people wrote in it; then suddenly, someone comes along and says "the Gamecube is crap, my PS2 is way better, don't you guys agree", then that is annoying. You see?
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh, I see! You meant 3 question marks inside the topic! :D Sorry.

Yes, that is pointless. Just tell him to add something to his posts, and if he doesn't, then action will have to be taken.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
outlaw_uk2002 wrote:

No, (watch me suck up) as
> it was probably funny, witty and a wonderful addition to the forums. Take
> Pocket Rocket for example. He wrote a thread which was entitled -"Top 5
> PS1 Games" - note not PSone - and all he added was three question marks.
> Should he be banned?

>Yes (or fore-warned).

Thanks for the compliments, but I'd have to disagree. I mean, Pocket Rocket is new. He doesn't know what topics have been done for. And asking for people's top 5 PS1 Games is fine, at least it's gaming talk! Okay, some topics he's made are pointless, but I think a Top 5 PS1 Games topic is perfectly fine.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:57
Regular
"¬_¬"
Ant wrote:
> On the subject of banning people for pointless topics...

I've posted a few
> pointless topics in my time. For instance, I posted something about pork balls
> on here a few weeks ago, just for a laugh.

Should I be banned?

Ahhh, but you aren't a repeat offender, and don't ignore other people's suggestions (ie. to stop spamming). Anyway, yours were funny, whereas Pocket Rockets were dumb, pointless and repeated because they've been done a million times before. Besides, you're a Notable, whereas they're just Newbies with no regard to authority. ;)
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
slave2games wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> On the subject of banning people for pointless
> topics...

I've posted a few
> pointless topics in my time. For
> instance, I posted something about pork balls
> on here a few weeks ago,
> just for a laugh.

Should I be banned?

No, you shouldn't be banned...merely
> asked politely not to do it again :)

But the point I'm making is, should I stop doing it? It was just a laugh, a bit of fun, and it seemed to get quite a few replies-ie. people liked it. There's nothing wrong with a few fun, pointless topics. Hell, look at this forum now. There's nothing but pointless topics.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:55
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
That's where the warning comes in...so you don't do t all the time

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.