GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/07 at 03:30
Regular
I've always had a problem when it comes to choosing a career. I lack so much motivation that it's hard to stick to something, and my inability to study as of recent is causing me to try and rethink myself.

I want something to do that I can be proud of, yet, at the same time, not push myself too far.

So at the moment I want to be a paramedic. I don't have the studying capability to be a doctor, but I love health and medicine and I need to be part of a team that can help save lives. I wonder how long it'll last.

Interestingly though, it's something I've wanted to be for years now. I imagine, give it a week, and I'll be bored of the idea, but I'm going to go for the meantime and have a look into it.

Here is what I'm interested in at the moment. Just felt like sharing.

So.. how about you? Do you have any careers in mind that you'd like to go into?
Wed 18/07/07 at 10:32
Regular
"360: swfcman"
FantasyMeister wrote:
>
> To be honest, if you want to make REAL money, start your own
> business. You'll make alot of money working for someone else,
> but remember that they're always going to be making more money
> than you because of it.

I'd love to, and hopefully one day will. But at the moment I love my traveling a little too much (heading for Boston, USA and Iceland in a months time) so I probably dont have the dedication right now...or the money, or the know how... Ye thats a bit of a problem.
Tue 17/07/07 at 22:28
Regular
"cachoo"
My ideal job would be to work with animals. Be it in a zoo, a kennels and cattery, anywhere. Just to be around them, I find it very theraputic to be near them.

I would love to foster animals too, but shall have to wait a while, secure job, save money and all.
Tue 17/07/07 at 22:10
Regular
"eat toast!"
you could take a biological/medical research job or technician. Just becareful of what you're working on and avoid those animal right protestors. Or bring a gun or personal army to protect you.
Tue 17/07/07 at 19:52
Regular
"8==="
I hear I.T. is a piece of pee, some positions just boil down to 'keeper of the manuals'.
Tue 17/07/07 at 19:11
Regular
"Twenty quid."
FantasyMeister wrote:
> ... It takes about 5 to 10 years to be able to pull this level of
> slacking off effectively, and a good 15-20 years to get it down
> to a fine art ...

Such as learning to surf the 'net using the keyboard -- I figured that out pretty quick and it made the boss think I was working hard (I was a computer programmer).
Tue 17/07/07 at 16:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pro Evo wrote:
> If I had my way, with a few simple
> changes this place I am at could make some REAL
> money and be a real presence in the local business sector.

This attitute is pretty atypical of any student fresh out of university and going into the workplace for the first time. They have the education still fresh in their minds, they undoubtedly have the ability to turn around flagging businesses and turn them into flagships, and they're so keen to push ahead that they'll do absolutely anything their colleagues request of them.

Meantime the older ones amongst us chuckle as we pass you our filing and then spend as much time as possible surfing for the 'Babe of the Day', planning our weekends, trying to get into the temp receptionist's knickers and shirking work as much as possible.

It takes about 5 to 10 years to be able to pull this level of slacking off effectively, and a good 15-20 years to get it down to a fine art, and the techniques involved are never taught as part of any Degree programme, it's just something that you pick up as you go.

To be honest, if you want to make REAL money, start your own business. You'll make alot of money working for someone else, but remember that they're always going to be making more money than you because of it.
Tue 17/07/07 at 15:01
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Jobs! Bah, hate them. Having finished University, I have been stuck in an office for the past year and not really enjoyed it one bit. Its not the work I dont like, it's how the place is run. There is no purpose, everyone has thier own agendas to make life easier for them but it seems to be me who ends up on the crap end of the stick! If I had my way, with a few simple changes this place I am at could make some REAL money and be a real presence in the local business sector. As it happens, the owners dont seem to care, and niether do I.

Which is why I am currently looking for a new job, which is a problem in itself.

I enjoy office based work, so I have been looking at a number of different jobs at companies. Had 2 second interviews for rather high profile jobs, but just been pipped to them, which was a bit gutting. Just got to keep plugging away, something will come up eventually.

Interestingly, I did Journamlism as a minor at University and wanted to persue that, but I never believed I had the confidence or ability to be any good...so for the time being...thats still a dream.
Tue 17/07/07 at 14:36
Regular
Wow, eight jobs? Bit of a theme there? You're certainly on a loser, no I mean losing streak! lol

Okay, all jokes aside..

I believe that you can do whatever you want to in this life, you just have to be willing to pay the price. I believe that if you can dream it, God also gave you what it takes to acheive it. I highly doubt, however, that they (the certifying board) will allow a schizophrenic to become a paramedic or surgeon. But, it's nice to dream.

I still think you'd do well as a social worker or perhaps a psychologist, but it will take motivation, continuous direction and support to refine you.. given you've seemingly become comfortable in your current state.

Regardless, the one common characteristic that successful people share, is enthusiasm. It's certainly much easier to be enthusiastic doing something you naturally gravitate to that interests you.
Tue 17/07/07 at 14:07
Regular
"Twenty quid."
In the same year, too!
Tue 17/07/07 at 13:30
Regular
You mean you've.... done it twice?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.