GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE GETAWAY"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 16:12
Regular
The Getaway is probably one of the most impressive and anticipated games for the Sony PlayStation2. The game is currently set for a Christmas release in Europe. Developed by Team Soho, The Getaway tells the story of two characters. The first, Mark Hammond, is a former criminal who yearns to live a normal life, but when his son is kidnapped and his wife is murdered, he blames mob boss Charlie Jolson. On the opposite side of the law is the second character, Frank Carter, a suspended cop who wants to see Jolson in prison as well. The stories of these two characters intertwine as the game progresses. Specific gameplay details are scarce at this time, but it is known that the game will take place in various locations around London.

(www.gameplay.co.uk)

thats all i know at the moment about the game does anyone know anything else ,coz i cant wait 2 get it!
Sun 20/01/02 at 15:13
Regular
Play.com have this down for a release date of 30th March, the only firm date I have seen recently. I would however not hold your breath for this date.
Sat 19/01/02 at 20:35
Regular
"round the outside"
i sit coming out in spring sumtime then??
Sat 19/01/02 at 20:09
Regular
yeh it looks really realistic instead of the colourful stuff like in GTA3 it is a proper good looking game
Sat 19/01/02 at 20:08
Regular
"round the outside"
do u mean rather more real than gta3 rather than cartoonish
Sat 19/01/02 at 19:55
Regular
yeh and the crashes look more realistic then GTA3
Sat 19/01/02 at 18:56
Regular
"round the outside"
kool
Sat 19/01/02 at 15:33
Regular
yeh all london cars as well like double decker buses and black taxis
Sat 19/01/02 at 15:27
Regular
"round the outside"
i haerd yhere was a lot of mercs and TTs
Sat 19/01/02 at 14:51
Regular
all i know is there will be vectra police cars audi TTs bentleys and police vans
Sat 19/01/02 at 14:28
Regular
"round the outside"
does any 1 have a list of cars for it ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.