GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What magazine do you read?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 19:27
Regular
Nobody talks here about magazines, yet for most people here, information and knowledge is all based around magazines. There are great magazines (PSM2), OK magazines (NGC) and pants magazines (Nintendo Official Magazine). What magazine do you read. Personally, I read Edge (God-like magazine for intellectuals), NGC, OPS2 and PSM2. Call me sad, call me weird, but I like gaming so read a variety of different magazines. What do you read (or look at)???
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:59
this has been don millions of times SPAMMER!
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:56
Regular
"¬_¬"
outlaw_uk2002 wrote:
> ½pint wrote:
> Medal of Honour: Allied Assault got a whopping
>
> 94%!!! They say that it is better than Half Life!!!

Better than Half Life?
> Come on!!!

It is really good. Half Life is very aged, and comparing the two directly (no hype, and no "Well it was amazing at the time"), MOH is a lot better. Yes, unbelievable, but that just means that, when released, MOH will be amazing.
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:44
White Dwarf+Offical Playstation2 Magazine
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:43
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
½pint wrote:
> Medal of Honour: Allied Assault got a whopping
> 94%!!! They say that it is better than Half Life!!!

Better than Half Life? Come on!!!
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:39
Regular
"¬_¬"
sherman wrote:
> pc gamer (uk edition) they have the best and most fair pc reviews in my humble
> opinion.

I prefer PC Zone, although I haven't really read much of PC Gamer. I got the new issue of PC Zone today (as a subscriber), and unbelievably, Medal of Honour: Allied Assault got a whopping 94%!!! They say that it is better than Half Life!!!
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
Actually the mag has 131 pages, and the batts. last 15 hours whilst using the GBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mystique wrote:
> ]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> I read ADVANCE
> magasine. It is new, costs around £3.50, a little
> expensive, but you
> get two free batteries for GBA.

so you are paying £3.50 for a 20
> page mag with two "free" regular run of the mill made in china run out
> in three hours double A batteries?

hmmm
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:27
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Im always getting gaming magazines!! Each month I get PSM2, PSW, Official PS2,
> GamesMaster, C+VG, NGC and sometimes Edge!!

Edge is the best magazine in my opinion. I also get PSM2, OPSM2, PS World, Play, P2, NGC, NOM, PC Zone, PC Gamer, C+VG and Computer Shopper :-)
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:21
Regular
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> I read ADVANCE magasine. It is new, costs around £3.50, a little
> expensive, but you get two free batteries for GBA.

so you are paying £3.50 for a 20 page mag with two "free" regular run of the mill made in china run out in three hours double A batteries?

hmmm
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:20
Regular
"the burning sky"
Oh yeah and a fiver off of any GBA game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ive stopped reading magazines...

Although, I'm not too sure why?? ... It wasnt a contious decision, just kinda happened... started using the Web more, since I could quicky compaire reviews on the same game/hardware/etc... from various reviewers quickly?

Dunno?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.