GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What magazine do you read?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 19:27
Regular
Nobody talks here about magazines, yet for most people here, information and knowledge is all based around magazines. There are great magazines (PSM2), OK magazines (NGC) and pants magazines (Nintendo Official Magazine). What magazine do you read. Personally, I read Edge (God-like magazine for intellectuals), NGC, OPS2 and PSM2. Call me sad, call me weird, but I like gaming so read a variety of different magazines. What do you read (or look at)???
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:55
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
½pint wrote:

N64
> Magazine lied. In issue 55 or something, there was a Mickey's Speedway USA
> challenge which offered a game to the winner. I won, and 2 issues later it
> showed me and my prize... hold on a sec... I get a crappy 3rd party controller,
> where's my game??? I was very annoyed. I won fair and square, but got some
> cheap prize because they have new sponsers. Sold it for a fiver. Grrrrrr.
> Many hours of time-trialing down the drain.

Well I won for a cheat (it was number 3 in the charts and was for Donkey Kong 64 - a cheat I found out myself!) I lost to a cheat someone had found somewhere - one of those button bashers.

Ah well... 3rd.. But what did I get?

A PIN BADGE.

Then the anger began...
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Edge... subscribe to...

After all, it's the only one with completely faor reviews...

If a game gets 5/10, it means EXACTLT that... it's in the middle.. average, nothing good, nothing bad...

Oh, and it has columns writen by some of gamings' biggest... like the monkey ball man! :)

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:11
Regular
"¬_¬"
Rakuga wrote:
I used to get NOM until they reviewed South Park.. then I used to
> get N64 Magazine until I posted them a cheat and the next month that cheat won
> the top prize and they printed my name wrong :/ ;-)

N64 Magazine lied. In issue 55 or something, there was a Mickey's Speedway USA challenge which offered a game to the winner. I won, and 2 issues later it showed me and my prize... hold on a sec... I get a crappy 3rd party controller, where's my game??? I was very annoyed. I won fair and square, but got some cheap prize because they have new sponsers. Sold it for a fiver. Grrrrrr. Many hours of time-trialing down the drain.
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Oh yeh that reminds me some of you under 15 FHM fans will soon not be able to get the likes of Loaded, FHM and Maxim. They are going to enforce a minimum age very soon of 15 years old to stop 11 year olds buying it..

Poor you hey? I'm 16 though so neeeeeeeer :P
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I just get FHM. I'll buy a copy of a magazine if it has a good DVD or game on the front.

I used to get NOM until they reviewed South Park.. then I used to get N64 Magazine until I posted them a cheat and the next month that cheat won the top prize and they printed my name wrong :/ ;-)

Now I just read Special Reserve Magazine whenever it comes and look at the games then get online and see if they are any good. Nice and cheap :D
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:53
Regular
"¬_¬"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I read Penthouse and Shaved.

Never heard of Shaved. Better not be what I'm thinking of...
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hey I had Penthouse in my mind and then looked at your post..... magic! Hehe.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:50
Regular
I read Penthouse and Shaved.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:42
Regular
"¬_¬"
Pocket Rocket wrote:
> this has been don millions of times SPAMMER!

Yeh, millions of times. In a parallel dimension or somthing. Anyway, how would YOU know, you haven't been here for a month yet. I've been here longer than you and haven't seen a topic like this. And it isn't SPAM. You're too dumb for your own good.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:00
Regular
I read GBX (Game Boy Xtreme) Magazine
NGC Magazine
NOM (until subscription ends)
Games Master Magazine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.