GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a PS2 game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 20:15
Regular
This is the busiest forum, so I'll ask here.
I'm looking for a PS2 game to choose for my GAD. I want something to stand out in my collection.
It needs:
Originality
Re-playability
It needs to be attractive
It needs to be fun.
I'm basically looking for something witht he kind of quality Nintendo games have, like Monkey Ball. Any games on PS2 with that sort of quality? If so, please suggest some.

I'm also considering Soul Calibur 2 and Virtua Tennis 2. Are these good, and do either fall into the categories listed?
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:52
Regular
Sly Racoon's not better than Ratchet and Clank.

For a start the central character is crap, whoever thought of the name Sly Racoon should be shot.

It's just another average/mediocre platformer.
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:19
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
sly racoon for the ps2 turned out to be an extreamly good platformer even better than ratcht and clank. Trust me the game has class. the charaters are extreamly well played out and the sense of humour is brilliant, also the game features great gameplay as well as some pretty cool level design.
i highly recommend it.
Wed 26/02/03 at 09:22
Regular
Splinter Cell looks alright, but I'm looking for a more simple fun experience, like Bishi Bashi Special and Red Card.
Wed 26/02/03 at 00:25
"High polygon count"
If you don't have an Xbox, get Splinter Cell for PS2. Quality game.
Tue 25/02/03 at 23:16
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Pride FC - Just got it on import and its great. Its a pick-up and play game if thats what you want or you can take it further by doing the tournements and stuff. Its all the fighting styles rolled into one in a big ring and you have time to beat the hell out of your opponent. No fake wrestling. Real. Kicks. To the head. With blood. And ouch. Yes.

Not sure if its exactly as good as something you might be after but it is a good game.

Comes out at the end of next month I think. Gives you time to have a look into it perhaps.
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:38
"period drama"
Asher D wrote:
> Go on to TotalGames FFF. They are having discussions about Play's
> fanboyish remarks about GC, and Will Johnston is actually posting
> there!
> Also a 'Bring back Play Tv' debate just started. I'm Grix oxn thsoe
> forums - I;m not a name thief. Every - and i mean every - other name
> has been taken.

I'm registered as Red XIII. Went on there about 6 months ago - realised it was complete tosh, came back here. Addicted to SR's big hairy man nipples.

I'll go complain that their e-mail adress for sending in cheats doesn't work.
Watch me go
*Go's*
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:24
Regular
I could get Mr. Golf :-) I've always wanted to appear as a scantily clad nurse and hit balls with sticks - and now I can!
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Golf.
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:19
Regular
Go on to TotalGames FFF. They are having discussions about Play's fanboyish remarks about GC, and Will Johnston is actually posting there!
Also a 'Bring back Play Tv' debate just started. I'm Grix oxn thsoe forums - I;m not a name thief. Every - and i mean every - other name has been taken.
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:17
"period drama"
That Gregory Horror thingy does look interesting ... weird, but interesting.
Did you have the original Ape Escape? Not many did, but I'd still put it up there with the best of 'em. Won me my 1st GAD as well (ah, memories).

If R&C's not your bag, get Tenchu 3. With the killing and the ninjas and all that stuff, surely it's got to be good.
Lots of replay value as well (apprently) and some side-area bounus thingy-majigys. Plus a 2-played mode for more killing. Huzzah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.