GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I saw that X-Box mag video the other day"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 13:28
Regular
and it was allright. Not worth £300 smackers, but quite good. When the price comes to £150, there is a library of games, it has been proven stable and unhackable, and i get an extension on the house, I might consider it.

The Gamecube video looked much better.
Wed 02/01/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> The Megadrive's better than the X-Box, by far.

Sod power. If the games are
> fun and appealing, then it's worth every penny.

This is the thing...

I was really impressed with Rogue Squadron 2 graphics... Then I found out it was just a 'Shadows of the Empire' type game with updated graphics...

I'm still trying to decide wehther I'm after an X-Box or GameCube ...

The attraction to the GameCube to me seems to be the 'new concept' titles being released... Rather than just the latest racer, another beat-em-up, etc... However, with the result of Rogue Squadron, I'm a little worried that they may not be as refreshing as they appear in the piccys?
Wed 02/01/02 at 16:59
Regular
In defense of Rogue Squadron 2... it's actually supposed to play as well as it looks. Every review I've read has said that, and so has Pb, too.
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:18
Regular
http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen761.jpg
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen761.jpg

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> In defense of Rogue Squadron 2... it's actually supposed to play as well as it
> looks. Every review I've read has said that, and so has Pb, too.

Oh yeah... I'm sure its a fine arcade game...

But I was really hoping for more of an 'X-Wing' type title... Admittedly, a style which itself it almost as old as 'Shadows of the Empire', but it just seems to provide a greater degree of freedom in gameplay...

I was also hoping for something a little new in the gameplay stakes... a 'classic' title.

(Also I prefer the control system, I really not used to having aircraft moving left, right, up and down... I always expect to roll left and right, pulling up and pushing down)
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen761.jpg

Get over that photo Grix!
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
It has to be said by me.

'Microsoft are crap'
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
there are three games that intrest me on Xbox:

WWF Raw
Halo
Jet set radio future

None of which will be appearing on the PS2, great! :(
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:41
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:

"But I was really hoping for more of an 'X-Wing' type title..."

I know exactly what you mean. Love all the ones on the PC...

But it just wouldn't work on a console... well, I really can't see it working.

In the meantime, have you ever played Freespace 1 or 2? If not, buy them. Just as good as the X-Wings, if not better.
Wed 02/01/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Get over that photo Grix!"

Never.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.