GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capcom vs SNK 2:EO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/03 at 12:01
Regular
Just wondering if anyone else is planning to get this - particularly X-Box Live owners ?

I know its 2D but I still enjoy going back to basics and using some of my long time favourite characters such as Ryu from Streetfighter and Kyo from King Of Fighters. :-)
After reading about the Evolution part of it (EO), it looks like my friends who usually shy away from the 2D eat em up will finally be able to play it. I have a couple of friends who weren't keen on this type of game because they could never get to grips with the controls for the special moves.

But now that theres the EO option that can be turned on, they'll be able to hold down a trigger and press a button to do the special moves which they'll be a lot more comfatable with. Me on the other hand - I'll be using the old arcade controls. ;-)

Hopefully the Controller S should be good for the game with its D-Pad, if so then it'll be back to conquering the world for me, well 2D beat em up wise anyway. ;-)
I was never beaten at Streetfighter and King Of Fighters because I played them religeously. But then that was before all the nutcase over the top super special atom bomb unblockable enough to power the entire Earths electricity or wipe out China moves.

In a way this stuff just kicked out any strategy and replaced it with a random win lightshow. Still love the games though. ;-)
Will be fun to put a team together and take them online to kick some butt. ;-)

Also hoping that the old version of Kyo will be in the game with his triple kick and fireball. Hate the crappy 3 punch combo that replaces the fireball ! And the triple kick he does has to be one of the best 2D beat em up moves ever. :-)

At the moment, my team will most likely be along the lines of...
Kyo Kusanagi
Ryu
Yuri Sakazaki

But no doubt I'll also use the likes of Ryo Sakazaki, Kim Kaphwan and Mai Shiranui too. ;-)
Tue 11/03/03 at 21:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmmm, might look into one of those converters. ;-)
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:12
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
Mantis wrote:

> No, thats not true at all. Disable auto aim and you've got one hell
> of a skillful game. If auto aim is allowed online(which I think it
> is) then thats just crap.

Yes it is allowed online but there are different charts for if you have it turned on or off and you can search for games with it on/off etc etc.
So if you have it turned off you don't have to play someone with it on.
Mon 10/03/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Ok I've decided that until a decent controller comes out, this game is
> gonna be rotting on the shelf cause I really can't carry on playing
> this game when the controls are so unresponsive.
>
> Its not just frustrating, its downright bloody boring having to fight
> the controls more than the bloody opponents and I've just gotten sick
> of it.
> Sorry Bleeders - the fight thing will have to wait till for another
> time cause this game is gonna end up getting snapped in half.
> Getting beaten by a skillful player is all well and good, but I hate
> losing because of the fact that the controller just isn't responding
> to anything I do.
>
> I have games such as Mech Assault, Ghost Recon, NFL Fever, Moto GP and
> Unreal Championship. So I'll play those. Haven't actually touched
> Ghost Recon and NFL Fever much. ;-))
> As for Unreal Championship, I just think thats a bit too over the top
> in the end - just a question of running round firing like a freak with
> little skill involved in the end.
> Overall I think Mech Assault is one of the best online games I've
> played - if only there were more of a chance of dodging shots, it
> would be perfect.
>
> It'll be good to try the likes of Star Wars: Galaxies when it comes
> out. Anyway, so yeah - until a decent controller with a good D-pad
> comes out, Capcom vs SNK 2 will be collecting a lot of dust.

I hear you Savatt. There is a Magicbox Convertor available, which allows you to use PS2, Dreamcast and Saturn pads on your XBox. Thinking of getting one of these myself...
Sun 09/03/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savatt wrote:
> As for Unreal Championship, I just think thats a bit too over the top in the end - just a question of running round firing like a freak with little skill involved in the end.

No, thats not true at all. Disable auto aim and you've got one hell of a skillful game. If auto aim is allowed online(which I think it is) then thats just crap.
Sun 09/03/03 at 18:52
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
It's on my list of games to buy.
Shout abuse while performing dragon upper cuts... Ahhhh good gaming times ahead.
Sun 09/03/03 at 17:58
Regular
Bonus is still waiting on his GAD cpy coming through the post, but things don't look good :(
Sun 09/03/03 at 13:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok I've decided that until a decent controller comes out, this game is gonna be rotting on the shelf cause I really can't carry on playing this game when the controls are so unresponsive.

Its not just frustrating, its downright bloody boring having to fight the controls more than the bloody opponents and I've just gotten sick of it.
Sorry Bleeders - the fight thing will have to wait till for another time cause this game is gonna end up getting snapped in half.
Getting beaten by a skillful player is all well and good, but I hate losing because of the fact that the controller just isn't responding to anything I do.

I have games such as Mech Assault, Ghost Recon, NFL Fever, Moto GP and Unreal Championship. So I'll play those. Haven't actually touched Ghost Recon and NFL Fever much. ;-))
As for Unreal Championship, I just think thats a bit too over the top in the end - just a question of running round firing like a freak with little skill involved in the end.
Overall I think Mech Assault is one of the best online games I've played - if only there were more of a chance of dodging shots, it would be perfect.

It'll be good to try the likes of Star Wars: Galaxies when it comes out. Anyway, so yeah - until a decent controller with a good D-pad comes out, Capcom vs SNK 2 will be collecting a lot of dust.
Sun 09/03/03 at 00:55
"Lemon eyewash"
i'll have x box live soon so keep your eye's peeled :)

let you know my tag when i have it
Sat 08/03/03 at 23:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I've found a way of making life slightly easier for myself. Not much but its a bit easier to pull off the moves now - still far from 100% though.
Basically I've configured the buttons. I don't bother with medium hits much, so I've just put heavy punch and kick in they're place so that I'm just using the 4 main buttons so I don't have to trail my thumb all over the place.

I'm gutted about Kyo. :-( Stupid Capcom just couldn't include the old version of him like they did with the first Capcom vs SNK game. Without his fireball move he's just not as effective. Stupid crap 3 hit combo punch...

So at the moment my characters are looking to be along the lines of....
Ryo Sakazaki
Joe Higashi
Yuri Sakazaki
Haohmaru

Bleeders - I'll keep an eye out for you, my tagname is Savatt.
Sat 08/03/03 at 20:51
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
i hate the s pad

its that small it cramps your hands.

i prefer the ordinary one over it any day, the only thing that is better about the s pad than the normal pad is the black and white buttons are positioned better

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.