GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capcom vs SNK 2:EO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/03 at 12:01
Regular
Just wondering if anyone else is planning to get this - particularly X-Box Live owners ?

I know its 2D but I still enjoy going back to basics and using some of my long time favourite characters such as Ryu from Streetfighter and Kyo from King Of Fighters. :-)
After reading about the Evolution part of it (EO), it looks like my friends who usually shy away from the 2D eat em up will finally be able to play it. I have a couple of friends who weren't keen on this type of game because they could never get to grips with the controls for the special moves.

But now that theres the EO option that can be turned on, they'll be able to hold down a trigger and press a button to do the special moves which they'll be a lot more comfatable with. Me on the other hand - I'll be using the old arcade controls. ;-)

Hopefully the Controller S should be good for the game with its D-Pad, if so then it'll be back to conquering the world for me, well 2D beat em up wise anyway. ;-)
I was never beaten at Streetfighter and King Of Fighters because I played them religeously. But then that was before all the nutcase over the top super special atom bomb unblockable enough to power the entire Earths electricity or wipe out China moves.

In a way this stuff just kicked out any strategy and replaced it with a random win lightshow. Still love the games though. ;-)
Will be fun to put a team together and take them online to kick some butt. ;-)

Also hoping that the old version of Kyo will be in the game with his triple kick and fireball. Hate the crappy 3 punch combo that replaces the fireball ! And the triple kick he does has to be one of the best 2D beat em up moves ever. :-)

At the moment, my team will most likely be along the lines of...
Kyo Kusanagi
Ryu
Yuri Sakazaki

But no doubt I'll also use the likes of Ryo Sakazaki, Kim Kaphwan and Mai Shiranui too. ;-)
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Just wondering if anyone else is planning to get this - particularly X-Box Live owners ?

I know its 2D but I still enjoy going back to basics and using some of my long time favourite characters such as Ryu from Streetfighter and Kyo from King Of Fighters. :-)
After reading about the Evolution part of it (EO), it looks like my friends who usually shy away from the 2D eat em up will finally be able to play it. I have a couple of friends who weren't keen on this type of game because they could never get to grips with the controls for the special moves.

But now that theres the EO option that can be turned on, they'll be able to hold down a trigger and press a button to do the special moves which they'll be a lot more comfatable with. Me on the other hand - I'll be using the old arcade controls. ;-)

Hopefully the Controller S should be good for the game with its D-Pad, if so then it'll be back to conquering the world for me, well 2D beat em up wise anyway. ;-)
I was never beaten at Streetfighter and King Of Fighters because I played them religeously. But then that was before all the nutcase over the top super special atom bomb unblockable enough to power the entire Earths electricity or wipe out China moves.

In a way this stuff just kicked out any strategy and replaced it with a random win lightshow. Still love the games though. ;-)
Will be fun to put a team together and take them online to kick some butt. ;-)

Also hoping that the old version of Kyo will be in the game with his triple kick and fireball. Hate the crappy 3 punch combo that replaces the fireball ! And the triple kick he does has to be one of the best 2D beat em up moves ever. :-)

At the moment, my team will most likely be along the lines of...
Kyo Kusanagi
Ryu
Yuri Sakazaki

But no doubt I'll also use the likes of Ryo Sakazaki, Kim Kaphwan and Mai Shiranui too. ;-)
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Currently playing this online at the moment. Fantastic stuff, although the D-Pad on the S-Controller starts becoming a little uncomfortable after a while.

There's also the issue of the lag too, which can rear it's head during a 'bout. Not so much so that it ruins a match, but it does get quite annoying.
Sun 02/03/03 at 17:16
Regular
I'm planning on buying this, it's a classic update of one of the most classic franchises ever to exist, but now, we can sit on our backsides and play the game online with people from the states.

Not too sure if we can hook up with the Japanese over here, because they're not of the english speaking fraternity, I've never actually been on Live at the same time as someone speaking a different language to myself.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:28
"Lemon eyewash"
i was tempted but as Sav used to invite me round then beat my butt at street fighter several times and letting my go after 1million defeats i kinda dunno if i want to play this online hehe.

if i saw it cheap say for 20odd quid i might but over 30notes for a 2d beat em up hmmmm na

my team would be Ryu, Evil Ryu and Akuma ;)
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> my team would be Ryu, Evil Ryu and Akuma ;)

Such a cheap short cut. ;-)) And I bet there are loads of people who do that too - basically choosing 3 identical characters so they don't have to learn any different styles. ;-))
Mon 03/03/03 at 08:43
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Savatt78 wrote:
> ~X The Master X~ wrote:
> my team would be Ryu, Evil Ryu and Akuma ;)
>
> Such a cheap short cut. ;-)) And I bet there are loads of people
> who do that too - basically choosing 3 identical characters so they
> don't have to learn any different styles. ;-))

Don't you believe it. The most popular team being used is Bison/Blanka/Vega or Sagat. And I HATE playing this team. I try to use different characters, I've been getting to grips with the SNK contingent lately, which has proved interesting.

Currently, my record stands at 37 matches, 13 wins.

Come this Friday when the game is released, add me to your Friends list if you fancy a game. Gamertag = Bleeders.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:35
"Uzi Lover"
Damn you Xboxer's having the online version of the game.

My team consists of that dude with the big sword (forgot his name), Geese and Ken. But with time Ken shall change.

I so want this online.
Mon 03/03/03 at 14:27
Regular
"BOSE"
what's "SNK" stand for? is E. Honda, Blanka, Dalsim...everyone from the street fighter series??
Mon 03/03/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Daveus wrote:
> what's "SNK" stand for? is E. Honda, Blanka,
> Dalsim...everyone from the street fighter series??

Not sure to be honest mate.

But to answer your question (I think). Yep, Honda, Dhalsim and Blanka are in Capcom vs SNK 2.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ugh just done a post then lost it - damn site. Anyway...
Monkey - think you're using Haohmaru (guy with sword).

Bleeders - definatly up for the challenge and I'll get on as soon as I can. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.