GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is called overdoing it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 16:20
Regular
Games consoles don't last forever, it's only a matter of years before they retire to the dusty pile in your loft. GameCube I'd say will last until late 2005 and then the successers will be coming in.

Its now 2003, that date is only about two years away.

Capcom, no matter how much I may love them for stuff like Street Fighter and MegaMan are, in my view, overdoing it with the Resident Evil releases. We already have Resident Evil and look whats coming in the future:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemisis
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
& Resident Evil Zero this week.

Excuse me, but I found the first one tremendously boring, tedious and dull. Now I know some of you love the Resident Evil series to bits but come on, six releases on the same console and it's a pretty long game in itself, surely you must say you'll get bored during Nemisis or hopefully before?

Enter dark, scary, low-lit room...cue the Thunder!...cue the Zombie!...Zombie dead...press A around room...find a rusty piece of metal...exit room and use the metal somewhere. Repeat.

*Snoreo*

Then I keep hearing that it's 'scary'. Well once you've played every single one of these releases it won't be.

Talk about killing off one of your biggest gaming names Capcom. Maybe if they were spaced out over a long period with fewer releases this would be fine. But no, instead they are going to rush them all out onto the GameCube before it dies and laugh because they are doing pretty much exactly the same coding as the previous version.

No doubt some of you will still go buy it even though it's pretty much the same thing as you already own. I've read countless times now "Oh I must get Phantasy Star this week and Zero".

Please tell me thats MegaMan Zero...no...IT'S ANOTHER RESIDENT EVIL!

Save your money.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:22
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and they're the Dreamcast versions so they're more pleasing on the
> eyes than the PS1 versions.

My bad.

Still they should retail for about £15, Not £30!!!..
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:39
"Uzi Lover"
The thing is, you have Zelda or Mario prehaps...a game like that comes out with the launch of a new console or only one game per console.

If they churned out Zelda's do you think people are going to love it as much? And when Resident Evil is exactly the same thing all the time I think people will get slightly bored. Or WOULD think.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:43
Regular
They retail for £18 in America.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They don't exactly "churn out" Resi's. Played the original PS1 version recently? The improvement from that to the sequel is MASSIVE. And I really mean that.

And each one has a significant part to play in the story. The only one I can think of that doesn't is Code Veronica - probably because they were on unstable ground by going DC exclusive with it, so they made it more missable than a normal sequel.

Resi 2, 3 and CV were going to be remade like the original, but after the first they decided it would take too long, and take too much time away from RE4 and RE0. (can't remember if I've already said that - now you've got it twice anyway)

And also, have you seen the shots of RE4? It's amazing that they could improve on REmake and RE0 so quickly.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Whitestripes wrote:
> They retail for £18 in America.

They retail for full price.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:54
Regular
52 CAD dollars on dvdboxoffice begs to differ with you.

That works out at roughly £18 with free P&P
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well Capcom representatives beg to differ with YOU. They've said it will retail for full price. However, I didn't say that £18 wasn't full price. They do get things cheaper. :)

But anyway, I don't know what CAD dollars are.
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:05
Regular
Canadian dollars.

And if Capcom say it will retail for full price, then dvdboxoffice must be a bargain.

Either way, I'll be getting them for £18, maybe I should order now in case they change them...
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:23
Regular
I just hate the control system on resi evil, just find it so annoying, i find myself walking a bit turning walking a bit more, turning a bit more.

Also the whole "conserve ammo" thing, i hate it, i like to kill things not run past them.

I can see why its liked thought brill graphics and if u like that sort of thing the best game like it.
Tue 04/03/03 at 23:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No its not scary.

But yes, it does look incredible. The controls are p*ss once you know how to use them, the conserving ammo thing helps a sense of tension, and once you've done it once, you know what to kill when. With a magnum. Oh yes.

Its a great series.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.