GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is called overdoing it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 16:20
Regular
Games consoles don't last forever, it's only a matter of years before they retire to the dusty pile in your loft. GameCube I'd say will last until late 2005 and then the successers will be coming in.

Its now 2003, that date is only about two years away.

Capcom, no matter how much I may love them for stuff like Street Fighter and MegaMan are, in my view, overdoing it with the Resident Evil releases. We already have Resident Evil and look whats coming in the future:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemisis
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
& Resident Evil Zero this week.

Excuse me, but I found the first one tremendously boring, tedious and dull. Now I know some of you love the Resident Evil series to bits but come on, six releases on the same console and it's a pretty long game in itself, surely you must say you'll get bored during Nemisis or hopefully before?

Enter dark, scary, low-lit room...cue the Thunder!...cue the Zombie!...Zombie dead...press A around room...find a rusty piece of metal...exit room and use the metal somewhere. Repeat.

*Snoreo*

Then I keep hearing that it's 'scary'. Well once you've played every single one of these releases it won't be.

Talk about killing off one of your biggest gaming names Capcom. Maybe if they were spaced out over a long period with fewer releases this would be fine. But no, instead they are going to rush them all out onto the GameCube before it dies and laugh because they are doing pretty much exactly the same coding as the previous version.

No doubt some of you will still go buy it even though it's pretty much the same thing as you already own. I've read countless times now "Oh I must get Phantasy Star this week and Zero".

Please tell me thats MegaMan Zero...no...IT'S ANOTHER RESIDENT EVIL!

Save your money.
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Resident Evils are good but do not compare to Eternal darkness. I would swap all the Resis for a sequel to Eternal Darkness anyday.
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
Anyone who claims to be a fan of the survival horror genre can't afford to miss Zero. Capcom are not trying to swamp Gamecube with resi games, they are just giving Nintendo fans a chance to play the entire series on a Nintendo console. If you are bored with the games then don't buy them but I for one am very happy to see the entire series unfold on my Cube.
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I love Resident Evil. I have the original, remake, 2 and 3 on the Playstation, Gun Survivor, Code: Veronica on PS2 and will most definitely getting Zero. Sure, they haven't really scared me for a while. But i don't care. I like to play them regardless. I've never seen a film that's scared me since I was a toddler, and I bet most of you are the same, but it doesn't make you stop watching scary films. Well, bad analogy, but it's more thna just the scariness issue. I won't be getting 2, 3 and CV on GameCube though.

And to say it is inferior to Eternal Darkness is like saying paint is inferior to wallpaper.
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:35
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
i have resi on the cube and it rules. i have no past resi games though, so will buy all the cube releases. i have ordered zero and on friday morning i will wait eagerly next to my letter box. and in my opinion, eternal darkness was a feeble attempt t overthrow resi as the king of survivall horror. and if you dont agree with me, i dont care. my toast is almost ready. :)

p.s. yes, i am horribly crazed.
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:38
Regular
Capcom are lazy.

Resident Evil 3 is just the PSone version (no graphic updates) ported onto the GC.

How lame.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:24
Regular
If they'd slapped Resi 2 + 3 on the same disc then it would be excusable. But the fact that you have to pay full price for them taketh the piece, i'll just wait till they come down in price and buy them then.

Code Veronica will be a purchase though, never got to play that.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:27
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Capcom are lazy.
>
> Resident Evil 3 is just the PSone version (no graphic updates) ported
> onto the GC.
>
> How lame.

No, they are porting them across because many GC owners will have never had the chance to play them, I for one am extremely grateful.

And I'm getting them from dvdboxoffice, where they are $52 (£18) each, with free P&P. Seems like a good deal to me.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:30
Regular
Oh and they're the Dreamcast versions so they're more pleasing on the eyes than the PS1 versions.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:41
Regular
I have Resi 2 for my N64, but Nemesis sounds interesting does anyone here recommend it.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:27
Regular
I wouldn't recomend it because if you've played the rest, or just a few, you've in effect played this one

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.