GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is called overdoing it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 16:20
Regular
Games consoles don't last forever, it's only a matter of years before they retire to the dusty pile in your loft. GameCube I'd say will last until late 2005 and then the successers will be coming in.

Its now 2003, that date is only about two years away.

Capcom, no matter how much I may love them for stuff like Street Fighter and MegaMan are, in my view, overdoing it with the Resident Evil releases. We already have Resident Evil and look whats coming in the future:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemisis
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
& Resident Evil Zero this week.

Excuse me, but I found the first one tremendously boring, tedious and dull. Now I know some of you love the Resident Evil series to bits but come on, six releases on the same console and it's a pretty long game in itself, surely you must say you'll get bored during Nemisis or hopefully before?

Enter dark, scary, low-lit room...cue the Thunder!...cue the Zombie!...Zombie dead...press A around room...find a rusty piece of metal...exit room and use the metal somewhere. Repeat.

*Snoreo*

Then I keep hearing that it's 'scary'. Well once you've played every single one of these releases it won't be.

Talk about killing off one of your biggest gaming names Capcom. Maybe if they were spaced out over a long period with fewer releases this would be fine. But no, instead they are going to rush them all out onto the GameCube before it dies and laugh because they are doing pretty much exactly the same coding as the previous version.

No doubt some of you will still go buy it even though it's pretty much the same thing as you already own. I've read countless times now "Oh I must get Phantasy Star this week and Zero".

Please tell me thats MegaMan Zero...no...IT'S ANOTHER RESIDENT EVIL!

Save your money.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:20
"Uzi Lover"
Games consoles don't last forever, it's only a matter of years before they retire to the dusty pile in your loft. GameCube I'd say will last until late 2005 and then the successers will be coming in.

Its now 2003, that date is only about two years away.

Capcom, no matter how much I may love them for stuff like Street Fighter and MegaMan are, in my view, overdoing it with the Resident Evil releases. We already have Resident Evil and look whats coming in the future:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemisis
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
& Resident Evil Zero this week.

Excuse me, but I found the first one tremendously boring, tedious and dull. Now I know some of you love the Resident Evil series to bits but come on, six releases on the same console and it's a pretty long game in itself, surely you must say you'll get bored during Nemisis or hopefully before?

Enter dark, scary, low-lit room...cue the Thunder!...cue the Zombie!...Zombie dead...press A around room...find a rusty piece of metal...exit room and use the metal somewhere. Repeat.

*Snoreo*

Then I keep hearing that it's 'scary'. Well once you've played every single one of these releases it won't be.

Talk about killing off one of your biggest gaming names Capcom. Maybe if they were spaced out over a long period with fewer releases this would be fine. But no, instead they are going to rush them all out onto the GameCube before it dies and laugh because they are doing pretty much exactly the same coding as the previous version.

No doubt some of you will still go buy it even though it's pretty much the same thing as you already own. I've read countless times now "Oh I must get Phantasy Star this week and Zero".

Please tell me thats MegaMan Zero...no...IT'S ANOTHER RESIDENT EVIL!

Save your money.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:22
Regular
The Megaman game on Cube looks like Megaman stinkuss.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:23
"Uzi Lover"
I HATE Battle Network.

What do they go and do?

Stick Battle Network on the Cube.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:23
Regular
I will be getting all of them. Brilliant games.

Besides, they aren't that long and the releases are far enough apart.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:25
"Uzi Lover"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I will be getting all of them. Brilliant games.

And it won't get one bit tedious for you?
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:26
Regular
Well it's either that or some crusty 3D platformer like that N64 game.

Megaman games have always been a bit whiffy if you ask me, far too hard and far too boring.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:27
Regular
Oh and I'm pretty much new to the Resi series so ummmmmmm YAY Resi, it rocks.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:30
Regular
I'm pretty new to the series as well. And no, it won't get tedious, like I said they are spaced far enough apart (with the exception of 2&3), and Resi 4 will be like a completely different games now it's isn't pre-rendered anymore.

And Megaman games are far too hard and frustrating. And the stupid goit still can't duck.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:38
Regular
Resi sucks, though 4 may not follow the trend, as WS said. Perhaps.
Mon 03/03/03 at 16:41
"Uzi Lover"
Fair do's, you like what you like but I can't see how you can play all those Resi games. One was bad enough.

Took it back and swapped it for Sega Soccer Slam.

Megaman's lever of hardness is a challenge and that i enjoy. It's fun, it's vibarant and isn't stuck in a dark, gloomy Mansion. Resident Evil, I don't know how so many people can like it so much. Someone tell me if it's the story or what is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.