GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All New GBA on the way"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 08:50
Regular
In addition to the new GBA-SP, Nintendo have announced plans for a brand new GBA. All new design, not just a new case design. What will this new one do that the old one can't, and when do we get it?
Thu 06/03/03 at 09:27
"Darkness, always"
Star Fury wrote:

> I wonder why - and I'm being serious now - no one else bothers with
> handhelds at all.

Well, it's not because it's only a small market, because it's not. The handheld market is huge and highly profitable. Sony can laud themselves for all their successes in the home system market, but until they can effectively combat Nintendo on the handheld scene, all the talk of Nintendo moving out of the console market and going multi-format is little more than witless buffoonery.
Thu 06/03/03 at 09:22
Regular
does anyone know what the next GBA will be like? Does anyone know for real when it is due out?
Wed 05/03/03 at 23:42
Regular
I don't see Belldandy complaining about another XBox in 2005.

Ho hum..

It's pretty obvious that the new GBA will be released a few months before Nintendo's next home console.
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I, for one, do not care that Nintendo release consoles every 4-5 years. But maybe that's just me.

And I was actually thinking about that the other day- why don't other companies chip-in? I mean, Nokia has the N-Gage- but it really is a half-assed attempt.

There's so much potential in other companies too- I think some healthy competition for Nintendo would do them good.
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It'll also be the only handheld in 2004/2005....

I wonder why - and I'm being serious now - no one else bothers with handhelds at all. It can't be because of the GBA's strong position because the PS2's strong position didn't stop Nintendo and Microsoft having a go did it ?
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:35
"Darkness, always"
Your now familiar form of "fingers in ears" argument doesn't phase me Bell, and while I may not be a model typist, at least I don't have to resort to nit picking and plain bitter arrogance to make me sound correct.

People USED to call me bitter. But I'm like my Murphy's, while you're still steaming about not brainwashing the forum into believing your view of all things USA is gospel.

The GBA is a great and succesful handheld console.
The GBA SP is an excellent upgrade for those who want it.

The next generation of GBA, which I remember being quoted as due sometime in 2005 or so, will also be a great and succesful handheld, and while some people like you will spit the dummy at the idea of a handheld being released every 4 or 5 years, to me, it really makes no difference at all.

So you can run through this post and tell me all the minor typosI may or may have not made and scoff because you'r more meticulate and run everything through a series of spell and grammar checks before you post, but it makes you neither intelligent or correct.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> So, I'm not allowed to take the píss out of your fatuous,
> semi-ligible rantings on the minor off-chance that I might make a
> typo?

Semi-legible you mean ? :)
Notice you steered clear of Nintendo's not-announced GBA SP antics. Defend that if you can. Comparing it to the PS3, or whatever imaginative name it has, is not the same because the difference in quality will be greater. Unless Nintendo ditch cartridges for the new handheld system then it really cannot go much further than the GBA anyway, you can only do so much with a cartridge, as the N64 nicely demonstrated.....

Filthy peasant eh ? Don't go getting all medieval on us, your insults worked better when you weren't a notable, now it just seems like ego, whereas before it was the real deal, in the Xbox forum on one topic it was like "The Goatboy and IB Show".
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:59
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> 2 years + until the new GBA is released.
> And Updated's idea for downloadable games was just a phone.

Bah, you replied while I was reading the rest of the topic.
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:57
Regular
Nintendo announced this AGES ago, to coincide with the release of their new console. It's still at least 2 years away, the GBA will be outdated by then. Roll on Titan Gameboy, bah, need more sugar to think of a 1/10 name, at least.
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
2 years + until the new GBA is released.
And Updated's idea for downloadable games was just a phone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.